Sunday, February 1, 2015

2/1/15 Be My Valentine?

    I like holidays, but Valentine's Day is pretty lame.  Here we are, yet again.  Maybe it's because I have never been romantic, or I don't believe a heart shaped chocolate box proves much of anything, other that I will eat most of the chocolates before Wife decides to try one.
    We are just past Christmas, idea of going out for an expensive gift at mall seems crazy.  Yet a heart shaped box from Walmart seems half-ass.  What to do, what to do, oh, gather a bunch of crappy small things and blitzkrieg the wife.  By the time her phone calender reads Feb15, it'll be too late to realize I avoided jewelry, shoes, sunglasses, or anything expensive.
    I think I have been so lackluster about it, that now my wife has taken over, she usually does a romantic meal at home, we eat by candlelight, even the boys get in with some Welch's fizzy grape juice instead of champagne.  This has been our tradition for years, this year I think she's figured any excuse is a good reason to go back to the Brazilian Steakhouse.  Since we discovered this place, a couple years ago, we've been cheating on Outback Steakhouse who was our favorite for the longest time.  We have a reservation for four, I love that place, 9pm.  My mouth salivates at the thought.  She told Chubs jokingly just the two of us were going and he almost cried, "but Mom, you know that's my favorite place to eat, you can't leave your little boy home alone."
    Wife can get carried away.  In the past, boys have gotten gifts like it's Christmas all over again.  Maybe I should try harder.  Last year, I ran to Walmart the morning of Valentine's and got the cliche box of chocolates, a picture frame that had a heart in it, and maybe a card with $20.  I don't know, but we got past it.  I was working last year, this year it falls on a Saturday, so maybe given it's a weekend, we'll make more of a party.
    I should get the hot tub ready, we're coming into the Spring, and I love sitting out there for extended periods of time.  Sometimes we'll get in hot tub and lose 6-7 hours before we come out.  We've been in there til 5am with friends in the past.  If anything, I'll make the effort, for us, and get that bad boy running.  I had put it out of commision because of the cold weather, but it is looking like Spring is coming without hardly any freezing days.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Brazilian steakhouse. Took my son there to celebrate his college acceptance. Even love the salad bar!

    ReplyDelete