Friday, February 6, 2015

2/7/15 Meat My Grill?

    We finally grilled again.  It had probably been two months, I don't know how so much time passed being that we love some grilled meat.  I think it was a combination of the holidays, crappy weather, then the constant OT which has run me a little ragged at times, but I am always glad for it.  In this day and age it isn't just a matter of throwing some steaks and being done with it.  I like me some variety, even though by the time BBQ gets slathered on everything, it all winds up tasting the same.
    For Super Bowl Sunday we grilled chicken breasts, sausages, winnies for Chubs, baked potatoes, jalapeño bombers, pork strips, and beef boneless ribs.  We got started late because we forgot the bacon for the bombers and had to go to Target after we spent an hour at HEB.  It is normal for us to be eating around 9pm, but for the Super Bowl we were eating by 8pm.  This was about time for the start of the 4th quarter.  The game was actually good, the commercials, kinda sucked.  Who wants to be at a party and bring up the discussion of kids dying in accidents?  Thanks no name insurance, go back to oblivion.
    For the record, I am not a fan of BBQ sauce, Wife suggested it and the bottle did not go easy through that good night.  I am breaking in a new grill and I am not impressed with its size.  Boy very generously gave our last grill to his friends, I suggested they could have it after I saw them trying to salvage an old one some other family put out to throw away.  Mine was so big, I figured these boys will talk about it, and never actually take it.  It was gone the next day.  I didn't realize for two days that I was but half a man, with no ability to burn meat outside.  I promptly went to remedy this, but in October the selections are few and far between.  I'll look at upgrading sometime in the spring.  We've been in this house eight years in May and I've gone through about 4 grills, so no big whoop.
    The game threw everything up in the air as well.  I like throwing in a pack of "sweetbreads" on the grill, they are a delicacy, should be tried by all at least once.  With a little mustard, awww, nothing better.  We went to a white HEB, didn't want to waste time going east of I-35 for them, oh well.  They were not being sold for awhile, when the whole mad cow scare was in full blaze, but they are back in stores, I am just assuming they are OK. 
    We also couldn't find wings, which we've been doing a lot this year, Chubs loves them.  Like I said Super Bowl's fault.  But if it weren't for the big game, we probably would not have grilled, so the Super Bowl giveth and the Super Bowl taketh.  We are but sheep, who follow what our corporate overlords tell us to consume.  Baaah! Baaah!  Should try some sheep on the grill next time.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment