Monday, February 23, 2015

2/23/15 Big Fish From A Small Pond Visiting The Ocean?

    My family came up this weekend.  My brother complained like an old man the entire time.  He says he cannot believe we live here with all this traffic.  Then he goes on to say that it is getting hectic back home, they are up to three traffic lights, in a city of about 8000.  Nothing pisses him off more than wasting time in traffic.  I tell him yeah, it's getting bad, but that is the price to pay to live in the big city.
    We tend to stay on the south side of the city, but because they are here, we try to do cool stuff.  Tonight we ended up at Dave and Buster's.  The idea of it is cool, but the reality is that it is loud, overpriced mediocre food, at best.  It was ok for awhile, but by the time we left, I had had enough for a long while.  They used to have the policy when they opened that at a certain point (like 8pm), it was only for 21 and up, but I guess they weren't getting enough money to keep that idiot idea going.  Anyways, food was tasting ehh, until the check came and my brother decided it was his treat, suddenly the food became 10x better.
    Chubs had a great time, he played games from the time we got there til the time we left.  He was killing zombies, and Aliens, and even some exotic wild game.  He wasn't having much luck on the games where you win tickets to trade in for prizes, but he has figured out the prizes are not that great.
    My brother complained when it was time to go because apparently he had called me and my mom and we didn't respond right away.  It was so loud, even if my phone was in my hand and I had seen him calling, I doubt I would have been able to hear him.  But he expected that when he was ready to leave, we would be ready and waiting.  I don't understand this part though, he was in his own vehicle and he has a key to my house, so really, he doesn't need us to get into my house.
    We then sat here at the house and had a fun time listening to him go on and on about how I buy into this liberal lifestyle, I should only have Miller High Life Beer, all those other beers border on an insult to beer makers.  I don't really like beer, but "a man is suposed to drink beer", so I'll buy all sorts of different kinds.  I bought some banana bread flavored beer, I thought was yummy, he said he almost threw up.  I liked one flavored with raspberry, he said no.  Also have one that has mesquite smoked flavor, he said it made him gag.  He said forget all the assorted coolers I keep for our women friends.  He finally found some old Miller Beer cans my dad left behind from a few months back and he drank that as he kept explaining to all of us how the people on House Hunters are all actors.  I love the show, but have to agree that two dopey looking people are not going to have enough funds to afford the $500000 vacation home.
    It was nice to have them here for the weekend, but I do believe this Dude belongs back home in a small town.  His final decree was that his family was gonna be on the road by 830am, even if they are in pajamas because he has to see the Daytona 500 at noon.  I told him who cares, they just go round and round, he just about turns red, says I don't understand the nuance of the sport.  His wife just rolls her eyes, and said if he's being ugly on the road "I'll leave him at Buc-ee's", he can walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment