Monday, February 2, 2015

2/4/15 Greenbelt The Betrayer?

    Our house is pretty nice, even had the opportunity to buy with the back to a "greenbelt".  This term is a realtor fancy word for crappy land in a flood zone.  If you live in a big fancy community and they build-in a golf course, said course is camouflaging all the flood zones and helping the builder make lemonade out of lemons.
    We have a creek in our greenbelt, last I looked it looked like you could travel on it with a canoe or maybe a kayak.  Not sure how far you could get, but as far as we walked along it, there is water that appears to be maybe 15-20ft wide and I would say 6-10ft deep.  I haven't gone to look at it in a year or so, but that was the condition last I looked.  This then has a nice paved walkway, followed by an open space where me and Chubs have thrown footballs and frisbees.  This is also where the old roadway to I guess a farmhouse is still paved.  And then throw in a gazebo to make the scenery just perfect.  Of course this made me want to buy the house even more.
    But life has a way of being a cruel bi-otch.  It is not happy little families that go and use the gazebo on any given afternoon, it is the stoner crowd from the nearby high school, who uses it as the perfect place to light up.  Many times we've seen the cops and truancy officers drive up on MY beloved greenbelt to bust these empty headed hooligans.  Then at night we have the pleasure of seeing an assortment of bums gather from the woods.  Where is the soylent green solution when you need it?
    If this wasn't bad enough we then get the people walking precious Fido.  I have no problem with that, my problem is that their passing by gets the dogs of my neighbors barking, and then it is like dog tourettes.  If dog barked and stopped 10 seconds later, I wouldn't care, it's the mechanical half-ass bark every 4 seconds for the following 5 minutes.  Then another dog passes and whole thing is repeated.  I work nights, so I am trying to sleep during the day, the insulated curtains have helped, but damn do I hate dogs.
    Finally, a couple of vatos have figured out they can drive their car into the greenbelt to make out with Maria or whoever they picked up.  I say vatos because primered and lowered cars are the mark of my brown people.  These guys are all about the quicky cause they are never back there for more than 10-15 minutes.
    I work so much though, that I guess it's nice somebody enjoys our greenbelts.  We've lived here going on eight years, and I have fished out there once.  I did have the idea if we ever move to advertise our house as waterfront.  Maybe some crazy Californian will buy me out for 1 million dollars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment