Sunday, February 8, 2015

2/9/15 Name Brands Are Committing Suicide?

    I went to the mall today in hopes of buying a couple of shorts.  Maybe my big butt enjoyed the holidays too much, or maybe my clothes have all of a sudden decided to start shrinking, either way, new clothes were the solution.  I cannot believe the prices companies like Polo are trying to sell clothes at.  Shirts had an original MSRP of $98.00.  What are these people smoking that they can put these shirts out with those prices and keep a straight face.  I don't want to hear BS that the style is ever changing, or they are using the latest generation materials, and the costs are passed along to the consumer.  Old Navy or even crap you buy at Walmart is made on the same planet, and probably by the same third world countries.
    I don't buy clothes for me, but once a year, maybe.  My boys, I keep looking nice and I don't pay too much attention, specially with Boy, who is a little bit of a tool and prefers Affliction and certain brands, as long as black is the main color.  Chubs is still too young, so he'll wear whatever we buy him.  I remember this summer telling Boy get some nice shoes, and I ended up talking him into some Ecco Boots, he loves them, says they're comfortable all day long.  They were also $245.  I looked at them, and thought, I can't spend that kind of money on me.  That's crazy.  I wear Crocs pretty much every day, and I do want to stop dressing so slobby, but it is a hard habit to break.
    The only way to beat these companies is to buy their wares when they go on sale.  Luckily, we live in Texas, the weather is pretty constant, so we don't make great changes in going from winter to summer.  They think they are getting rid of their winter fashions, jokes on them, I have no fashion, I'll wear whatever, whenever.  As long as the sleeves roll up.  So here we are.  Shirts originally going for $98.00, were on sale for $49.00 and then 40% more.  I paid $29.40 per shirt.  Suck it Polo, suck it hard.  I bought a couple and I'm sure I'll wear them for 5-10 years.  Unless I get more massive, let's blame global warming on that.
    I also bought some pants, new idea for me.  Not sure I am going to carry through with this idea, but I was a Boy Scout and our motto was Be Prepared.  Finally, I will have more than one pant in my closet I could theoretically wear, if I ever have to dress like a grown up.

1 comment: