Friday, April 8, 2022

4/8/22 Domain Prices Are For The Rich?

     I honestly don't think we should even be allowed to walk around The Domain, with their ridiculous prices on items.  Wife and I were both off on Friday, and I thought it would be nice to go for a walk, but man, the prices on fancy things are getting out of hand.

    First off, of course, I wanted to go to Ben Bridge to see what kind of watches they might have.  They are low on everything, they didn't even have Rolex watches at all to sell last time, although now they are stocked with "display pieces".  They had around 8-9 nice looking watches, including the blue and gold Submariner, but it is only a display, so what is the point?  It looked like they were low on everything, including the Panerai display.  If they used to have 20-30, now they might be displaying 8-10.  Still, I always enjoy looking.  Wife did notice a new Tag Heuer with a green dial in the Aquaracer series.  It was made of titanium which is more grey than stainless steel and with the green it really does look special.  Other than that, though, the prices are also a little too inflated.  There was a Grand Seiko that I kind f liked, but it didn't have any other abilities, like keeping date, it simply tells the hour, and it was over $8,200.  It doesn't seem right for a smaller sized watch in stainless steel.  We talked a little to the saleslady we have now known as one of our Rolex sales lady for 15 years or so, she was cheerful and optimistic about their inventory improving, but without any Rolex product, it's hard to agree with her.

    Down the street, we noticed Gucci has a new store and not knowing the prices of their purses, I wanted to take a look.  I was a little shocked to see regular looking purses, in bright colors, but nothing special, at prices of $3200 and $3800.  One was a little smaller, but hardly noticeable.  I couldn't help but just walk away from the lady after she said the prices.  These prices make the Coach purses seem cheap, in comparison.  We don't even bother going into Louis Vuitton anymore, those prices are absolutely out of touch with reality.

    I do like that The Domain is getting fancier, there is a Hublot store under construction, but those watches pretty much start above $10,000, so it's not like I'll be buying one anytime soon.  I pointed at a couple of stores to Wife and she wasn't having any of it, this stuff is just not her interest.  Other than the watches, I don't really care about the rest of the stuff for sale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment