Friday, April 29, 2022

4/29/22 How Do I Know I Am Feeling Better?

     I have to be feeling better, life has picked up speed again and I am holding on.  Tonight, Baby A is dragging us to a dance/cheer recital thing, not really sure what to expect but the drill team is putting on their end of the year show.  Our son said one of the girls that is on the wrestling team, also on the dance team and who has become very friendly with our boy wanted us to go, this was from our son.  Anyway, we didn't have anything better to do and we figured we could go then have dinner afterwards.  A couple days I was telling Wife I was unsure about going, but today it was more of a "fine, I'll go."

    Well, the booster club needed volunteers for tonight and although I didn't even know there would be a need for help, Wife put our name in the hat.  I was all "are you sure?"  Not only did she say we would go, but she also gave the president my number and then I got a call I could not say no to.  It helps that the lady is cute, but she gave the damsel in distress bit that she only had one other parent volunteer and they were going to need help with the tickets at the door, and the concession stand, and on and on.  I told her we were going to go, that it would be fine with us if we were helping, it's not like we have a daughter to cheer for.  I guess instead of sitting quietly and watching some dancing, we will be on our feet, working, for the children.

    I also found myself washing clothes and doing some light cleaning which I ignored doing the rest of the week.  I also shaved my head and cleaned myself up, so I don't look so scruffy.  The last thing to put it all together was that we went and picked up our Escape from Ford.  I hate that we are having to pay $2700 for the repairs, along with an inspection for the state tag, and an oil change.  The upside of this is that the car did only cost us $11,000 and it is paid off.  The repairs have a 2-year warranty, so it gives me piece of mind at least for the next two years.  That should be good, we will use it plenty, between Wife commuting with it and Baby A learning how to drive with it, until he becomes comfortable enough and we buy him a nicer car.

    Being sick, one starts doubting they will ever get better.  I was running all these scenarios in my head, what if it's not a cold, what if it's Covid, or something worse.  I guess it just took a couple days to get out of my system, and I should be good for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment