Friday, April 15, 2022

4/15/22 Showing Mijo I'm Not All Fat?

     Baby A is kind of a little shit, in that he takes great pride in his strength, and he is strong, and built like a fireplug, just solid.  He doesn't have a problem calling out his friends that they should spend more time in the gym and that is why they are all weak.  I have taken some crossfire in his little rants too; we might be driving somewhere with his friends, and he'll make it a point to say that his strength come from his mom.  I try telling him that I was lifting weights and doing well, I just stopped because sometimes life gets in the way.  He just discounts me with a "yeah, you're old."

    I started yet another round of trying to lose weight about a month ago, this time adding in weightlifting from the beginning, and I felt pretty good about myself.  I tell the little turd that I am benching 185 last week sometime, and he condescendingly says "awe, that's like one of my sophomores, that's cute."  "Ass!" is all I could think, but I guess he's right, until I can lift more.  I am not doing it like him, to make me stronger for the field, I am just doing it as a workout while I wake up and drink my coffee, big difference, I think.  He has the advantage, first of being 17, and then of having a room full of testosterone driven jocks trying to one up each other, oh, and the coaches who come in yelling and pumping them up that they can do more than they think.

    Last night, he came early, for the first time in a long time, track is over, and there aren't any more sports to stay after school for, so he went out and cut the lawn.  He must have been outside for an hour or so.  He came in sweaty just as the sun was going down.  He added "I might as well go workout since I am sweating, come dad, spot me."  I had just eaten and was doing a lot of nothing on the table looking at stupid stuff on Youtube and talking with Wife.  I was curious to see him lifting, it had been at least a year since we last worked out together.  He did good, sets with two plates (225 pounds), and then tried to coax me into trying.  I know I can do sets with 185, but it gets a lot harder to jump that much.  I told him I'd try 205 when he got done.  He added another 10 pounds per side and did more reps, I didn't want to slow his momentum.

    When he got done, we took off one of the 45 pound plates and put on a 35 pound plate on each side, which makes 205 pounds.  I managed to do 8 reps, a nice full set, which surprised me a bit.  I was hoping to do 3-4 reps.  It helps so much to have a spotter, you can go further than you would alone.  I know he was a bit impressed when I got done.  He just said "you could do 2 plates if you did that."  I told him to give me a few more weeks and I'll get there.  He gave me a fist bump of respect and still proceeded to go and talk shit to his mom that he gets his strength from her, I can't win with this boy, but I love his energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment