Friday, April 22, 2022

4/22/22 Finally Chilling On The Mask Mandate?

     I know it technically isn't over, but for the moment, it appears that Covid is not acting like an ass and making us all hide in our houses.  It has been at least a month, it feels like, that even AISD announced that masks were going to be optional, and kids could stop wearing them every day.  I was pissed that even though this was the case, we still had to wear them at work, even with a stupid daily tracking of Covid cases and how low and dead the chart has been, which we see at the entrance to all buildings.  Then, suddenly, on Thursday as I had arrived for my shift at 1:00pm, the admin came out and cheered that our boss had just gotten word that we could take the masks off, if we were vaccinated.  Finally, something to be happy about getting conned into getting the vaccination, I wasn't happy about it, but it made life for Baby A easier, at the start of football season.

    Anyways, I guess this is a national effort that everyone is moving away from the mask mandate, and once again, we are seeing the country split into its new dual personality.  The right, Conservatives, are all cheering and agreeing that it is way past due, but the left is losing its mind that the masks are the only thing keeping us alive.  Dammit, I was on the left a few years ago, but these people are not grounded in reality.  How do they think a mask helps?  The same people that recommend its usage also have repeatedly said that masks do nothing to stop the spread.  I mean once it is okay to take it off at a restaurant, if you're sitting down, but must wear it if you are standing, all credibility was lost for me.  Plus, both Florida and Texas have been much laxer about masking and our numbers, both infected and dead, are lower than numbers with draconian rules, like New York and California, so chill the fudge out.  

    Another example of mask nonsense, my aunt showed up for Easter wearing her mask, saying it was because we were out of town.  Great, but then I sit down and continue doing whatever and she is over there talking to my mom maskless, like I didn't kiss my mom when we arrived and then spent the previous night sitting at the dining table talking for hours.  She tried joking that she was standing 6ft from me, cool beans, but everyone at my mom's house had already been exposed to whatever we might have come with, being from a big city we must carry cooties.  My son does this too.  He carries a mask with him all day, and then there's periods he will put it on (he had Covid a couple months ago and it was very mild), then the next minute he is playing grab-ass wrestling with any knucklehead within reach.  I wish people could make sense of what they do.

    I really believe that at this point, the population has been exposed to it either thru having gotten the virus, or because they went the route of the vaccine.  Either way, I think it is just going to be like the flu, it will exist in the ether, but it won't be the scary boogeyman we were told when everyone was sent home to hide, in 2020.  Let us live, if things suddenly start trending bad, then we can revisit masks and shutdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment