Monday, April 11, 2022

4/11/22 Busy Week Is Setting Up?

     It felt nice not having anything to do yesterday.  I got up early and enjoyed my coffee, before going to the store for food and stuff.  We were laid back enough that we were able to even nap during the day, which has now become the sign that we are at least relaxing.  I got up around 4:00pm (I had gotten up at 6:30am and took care of a couple of things, including going and getting groceries, an oil change and washed a couple loads of clothes, not just being super useless), and went to start the grill.  We ate by around 7:00pm, watched a movie and Wife was on her way up to bed by 9:15pm.  I stayed downstairs because I like to stay up later than her, but I don't want to disturb her sleep.  It was still a busy day, because I was worn out and fell asleep by 10:00pm, probably.  I woke up around 1:30am and the TV was still going.  I turned off everything and went to bed.

    Quietly, Easter weekend has crept up on us, as I have been told, it is this coming weekend.  I believe Wife and Baby A have Friday off, but then Wife was talking about Friday being a bad weather make-up day, so I am unsure where we stand, I think Crockett had a bad weather day when it might have snowed but didn't.  The district track and field events are also this week, on Wednesday and Thursday.  After all the practicing, Mijo says he might not even be able to compete, he has a big test on Thursday, when Varsity is supposed to have their meet.  This is all new information he told me this morning, so I don't know what will happen.

    On top of all that, our Ford Escape is in the shop, and they should be calling tomorrow or Wednesday with some sort of diagnosis, and if they can't find a fix, we might just trade it in for something that feels safer.  We might wait awhile; I prefer to drive my Excursion now that it is up and going strong again.  Wife also is trying to deal with her cracked windshield, which has now run all the way along the bottom part of it and is starting to look somewhat dangerous.

    With this going on, we will also be going down to Crystal City, probably on Saturday, so we can spend Easter Sunday with my family.  It has been the one big holiday we spend down with them.  It is only Monday, and it looks like a lot is going on, but like all weeks, before we know it, it'll be Sunday again and we'll be looking at next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment