Tuesday, April 26, 2022

4/25/22 Being Sick?

     It always sucks being sick, not just the feeling bad, but also feeling like the world has left you behind, everyone else is going on their normal routine, Mijo still goes to school, Wife still goes to work, and there I am, feeling sorry for myself laying down because I don't feel right.  I should be thankful that I have not been coughing or had any stomach issues.  What I am calling sick right now has been a slight chill, which with my thermo-gun reads about a degree lower than normal.  When I feel the chill, I have measured a temperature on my forehead of 97, instead of 98.6 and my hands, which I measured out of curiosity read between 93 and 95 over the last couple of days.  (I am writing this on 4/26, I fell a couple days behind)

    It is 10:00pm on 4/26 and I have made it most of the day without really feeling the chill, but I did just wake from a nap, and I do feel like the house is cool and I put some warm-ups on.  I am not sure if this is a sick thing, or we just are keeping the house colder than we used to.  I am probably going to stay home one more day, just to be sure.  The last instructions we got for Covid was to quarantine for 5 days, so if I wait until past Wednesday, it should be 5 days in isolation, not that I think it is Omicron or whatever new variant is out there.  One of my coworkers also came down with something, but he said he was having stomach issues, which I have not had, I actually only pooped once between Friday and Sunday, which is not how I like to run things, internally.

    Boss texted today and said to stay home, so we wouldn't risk infecting the rest of the people there, which reduces my guilt about not being at work, but I still feel like I should do something.

    Oh well, you take the good with the bad.  99% of the time, I think I am a pretty reliable employee, this is not something I did on purpose (I was joking about the masks the other day, I don't think they help much).  In my mind I think I have all this free time, but even knowing I have two rooms that still need cleaning upstairs after Boy moved out, I do not have the energy to go mess around with that kind of crap right now.  No, I have to convince myself that the best thing for me is to rest.  Wife is tiptoeing around my limits, I know she is dying to kick me in the ass and get me moving, but she also knows that being sick sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment