Friday, April 22, 2022

4/21/22 Slowing It Down?

     The past few weeks have been non-stop, and I feel that we have not gotten any good rest, so I feel pretty good that this weekend we don't have any plans, other than watching some movies and eating some BBQ.  Between booster club activities getting us going at 8:00am on a Saturday morning twice, to going to San Antonio on back-to-back days a couple weekends ago for separate birthdays on either side of the family, to just cleaning the house after Boy moved out, there hasn't been a moment where we just say "aah."

    I already went and started preparations by going to the store in the morning, after dropping off Mijo at school.  Wife had shown me some TikTok video of a lady making a Keto friendly pie, and although I never responded to it, it did make my mouth water.  I went and bought the supplies as best as I could figure.  The lady wanted us to go to her Youtube channel for the recipe, but I just got what I could see, we'll see how it tastes.  Basically, for the shell, there are crushed pecan and walnut alternatives now, and they are reasonable, I think at $2.80.  I then used sugar free pudding and two sticks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and mixed them in the mixer.  When it was looking way to thick, I added a bunch of whipped cream.  I am not sure it will have the right texture once it sits in the fridge for a few hours, but what I tasted from the bowel was delicious.  This gives us a sweet to enjoy without too much guilt.

    I also bought some ribs for possibly tomorrow, chicken, sausages, and other beef, so we could grill all three days, although I am thinking tonight, I will just make burgers inside.  I woke up with a super stiff neck that hurts enough that I took Ibuprofen and a nap for a couple hours, something I haven't been doing so much lately.

    We asked Baby A what he had planned, and he is saying he doesn't want anyone around this weekend too.  He even said he would lie and say we were going out of town if his friends start asking to come over.  I would really just like to hang out and watch some of our classic movies, which we haven't had a chance in the last two months.  I really want Mijo's opinion of some Chinese classics like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, where the hero always seems to die as a sacrifice, or even a Bruce Lee classic like Enter The Dragon.  We'll see how it plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment