Monday, April 4, 2022

4/4/22 Birthday Lunch with My Peeps?

     I honestly enjoyed this weekend, we stayed busy every day, but I do love when we get a chance to just lay around the house.  Still, meeting with family on Saturday and Sunday for a few hours did turn out better than I thought it would.  We had another birthday to celebrate on Sunday, this time for my sister's youngest boy, who turned 10.  Originally, we were going to meet at an Olive Garden, but the location got moved to Maggiano's, by the Bass Pro Shops, on Sunday at 1:00pm.

    There was stuff to do and maybe I should have, such as going to get our weekly groceries, but I just felt lazy, even when I got up at 6:00am.  I just feel a need to be up, I wrote my blog, enjoyed my coffee quietly, and then napped from around 9:00am to 10:00am.  This all happened downstairs, Baby A and Wife slept undisturbed upstairs, until I went up to check on them, around 10:30am, after I got out of the shower.  Wife was at least up and fixing to shower, Mijo was still dead asleep, which happens because he stays up late playing his video games.  I wanted Boy to join us, but he said he needed to study for an exam this week.  He gave us Saturday, so we can't complain, it is nice he hangs out with us.  My mom was a little hurt he didn't join, but he is now 29, I can't be dragging him with us to every family outing, I just have to be glad he joins us, when he can.

    In a very rare trip, we didn't get hung up anywhere between Austin and San Antonio, we got there by 12:20 and we left the house by probably 11:00am, thinking we were cutting it close.  I called mom to see how they were doing on the road and at 12:15, they were somewhere near Lytle, which is not even in the San Antonio metro area, so I figured we had a good half hour to walk around Bass Pro Shops.  It was nice to see that at least they have some boats to show now.  There was a period there about a year ago, where they didn't even have boats to show at all, it was quite disappointing.

    By the time we were paying, I called my brother and he said they were standing outside the restaurant, waiting to go and sit.  We were only about 2-3 minutes away, so we got there, and still beat my mom inside.  We hugged and shook everybody's hands and sat down.  The meal was nice, I should have ordered something other than the lasagna.  I was going to order the veal, but I heard my brother say lasagna and I switched, but I forgot I don't really like all the red sauce, it's a little "heart burning" after a while.  The bread, appetizers, and even Wife's plate were all great though.

    The meal was good, we caught up, took some pictures, and before we knew it, we got to the cake.  We sang Happy Birthday, I had a cup of coffee with my slice of cake, and then it got time to go.  They headed to Altitude, some place with a bunch of trampolines, and we headed back to Austin.  I kind of wanted to go to the Cantera Mall, but I was also so full, I wanted to sit in the car and fall asleep.  Just as like Saturday, I sat in the passenger seat and Wife got us home, with me asleep.

    Between the track meet Friday, the in-laws Saturday and my folks on Sunday, the weekend was a blur.  It was fun to be out there doing stuff, but like I said, I wish one of the days had been more of a relaxing day at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment