Wednesday, January 5, 2022

1/5/22 Back To Normal?

     It took a couple extra days, but we are finally back to normal.  Baby A started school again today, so I dropped him off at 8:30am and it finally feels normal here.  I love having him home, but the last two days we also had to add wrestling practice, and it gets a little old because they are not long enough.  With football, he might be gone the rest of the day between weightlifting and running and everything else involved, I can do stuff, but wrestling practice is very focused and only lasts two hours.  I have to drop him off, come home, or like Monday, I went grocery shopping, but I have to stay mindful and pick him up when it's done.

    Normal means I drop him off at 8:30am and can plan the rest of the day as I need to.  I ran to Target to get some Texas toast for our spaghetti tonight, and I can take it easy, maybe work out, then go to work, knowing he will be busy until almost 7:00pm and Wife gets to pick him up.  

    I don't know if it was a lazy thing or that I just let Wife take over, but I have been planning and doing a lot of our dinners nowadays, but during the two-week break, I barely even washed dishes.  I think we are back to normal, I made chili last night. and already have the spaghetti lined up for tonight.  I also took the chicken from the freezer and put it in the fridge to start thawing for tomorrow night's dinner.  I used to hate the thought of doing any of the cooking, but now I kind of look forward to it.  I still haven't fixed the grill, and that is something we haven't been enjoying as much, but we are technically in winter, so it's ok.

    With the new year, I am planning to start a new workout regiment, I just kind of need to get off my ass and start doing it.  I haven't really started wasting time on YouTube today, so I think if I keep my YouTube time to the TV in the weight room, then I can at least do some light lifting, which I hope will spark my "want" again.  With that being said, I am using this writing as a crutch too, so I will cut it short and get off my ass.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment