Thursday, January 27, 2022

1/27/22 Can't Cut A Break For Pity Around Here?

     I took a half day of vacation last night from work, so I could go to the wrestling meet.  All that was fine, the event was great, we even enjoyed Whataburger afterwards, and even Boy came down and we actually sat like a family and ate at the table, something we rarely do anymore.  While eating, it dawned on me that even though I was done for the night, Wife was going to bed for work, I couldn't just stay up and chill.  Baby A had practice at 7:00am this morning.  Usually, for wrestling, they have the option of going to practice in the morning or after school.  After school works for us perfectly, because we benefit from Wife getting home in time to pick him up after practice, sometime between 6:30-7:00pm.  When everything is working. I drop him off at school sometime around 8:30am, then I am free to do whatever I do, and go to work, not worrying about my boys until I get home.

    With the early practice, Mijo said he was going to bed immediately after we ate, Wife went to bed because she has to get up early for work.  It occurred I should do the same, and I tried whining to Wife that I hate going to bed early and I especially didn't want to get up at 6:30am to take him to school.  I forget, Wife has to get up at 5:15am every day and be out the door by 6:00am to get to her campus in San Antonio on time.  She just gave me a sarcastic "poor baby, you want me to wake you, when I pass San Marcos, it'll be about 6:30am by then."  What can I say to that, I just grumbled under my voice and headed to bed.  I don't know if it was the meal right before laying down, but usually I have a hard time falling asleep, but I couldn't even remember what happened.  I know I went and brushed my teeth and that I was cold when I got in bed, but I went down hard.  I then woke up a few hours later to pee, and my phone was still on but laying on the ground next to the bed, repeating a Tik Tok over and over.

    At this point, I thought to put on an alarm for 6:30am, which I managed to beat, again I woke to go pee at 6:15am, so I figured do what you gotta do and start the day.  Baby A was also dragging butt, we didn't get to his school until 7:10am or so, but once he gets off, I can go back and chill at least until I get to work at 1:00pm.  It is about 10:15am, and all I am thinking is finish writing this and go lay down for another hour or more.  Since I already worked out and ate my little leftover lunch, I think I will enjoy me a little downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment