Tuesday, January 11, 2022

1/10/22 We Want This Weather Until We Get It?

     Year round, I keep hoping for cooler weather.  Yet now that it is cooler, I can't seem to function, all I want to do is stay in bed.  Maybe it doesn't help that we don't run the heater as we should, Friday for example, after we got home from the wrestling meet, inside our house, the temperature was 63.  Baby A was not feeling himself and asked for the heat to be turned on.  I would normally say "put some warm-us on, but since we are just being lazy and staying in the house, I figure it should be a little comfortable.  I turned the heat on to 72, and the house instantly felt better.  I even felt like I could be in the kitchen on the computer, compared to when we walked in the door, I just wanted to hide under the covers.

    On top of that, the weather has been sneaky.  It'll slide up to mid 70's, which even seems to require a little A/C, but then overnight, all of a sudden, we'll go back down to the 40's.  I know it's not really cold for the people who live up north, but it is cold enough for us.  Right now, it is 59 outside, not bad, while the thermostat says 69 inside the house.  I don't quite want to turn on the heat, it is a battle of saving a couple bucks in electric.  I also know the temperature for later in the week is going to crawl up into the 70's, so we shouldn't need heat, but even then, it can get chilly at night.  Well, never mind, I just looked at forecast, and we will be in the upper 30s the next two nights, so even if it is nice during the day, 30s sounds cold.

    Wife is really bad with this.  She'll complain it is hot in the house, with the heater on and open a window, then like Sunday, she'll turn on the heater in the bathroom, so she won't be cold during her shower.  I say if you're going to freeze us during the day, "Toughen up Buttercup" and enjoy the cold when you shower.

    Maybe I have just contracted my Dad's lazy disease.  All I want to do is sleep and watch TikToks all day, which is all he does.  Dammit, I need another 20 years before I can live the life.  It'll be hot before we know it, and that usually gets me out of my funk, even if it gets me complaining that it is too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment