Thursday, January 20, 2022

1/20/22 Should People Be Having Kids?

     I was listening to the radio this morning and a guy came on talking about people shouldn't be having kids, because the planet already has too many people.  He was trying to get a second date with a girl he had met, so he calls the radio show after she doesn't respond to him directly and they do a "1st date follow-up".  The girl did not want to do a second date because she said he went off on his own talking about not wanting kids and the planet and on and on.  Everyone can do what they want, I'm not here to say who is right, but even when she came back on and they talked a bit, he was still super aggressive trying to get her to see his side.  She was not having it.

    I can see his side and even agreed back before I had kids of my own.  Boy is currently kind of talking like that too.  I am glad I was wrong, and that Wife got pregnant (I still don't know how that happened, 😀 ), and now we have our two boys, who have been everything for us these last 20 plus years.  I can't imagine deciding to go the other route, it leads to an easy life, when you are young and want the freedom to do as you please, but who will be there to celebrate with you as you get older?  Boy likes to tease us (I think) that they will just get pets and they will be alright.  Great plan, get some cats then when you die, they'll have no problems eating you.

    I think we exist to procreate, if you don't then you aren't leaving anything on the planet after you are done.  The notion that the planet is getting too full just means that you have to raise competitive kids who will strive to get ahead and thus be able to provide for themselves.  What is the harm in raising 1-2 kids, when there are people out there still cranking out 10 kids or more and living in poverty and mayhem?  I think that is a harm to the environment, not to mention when some of these wild-ass kids grow up and don't respect the people or environment around them.  I'm all for people having kids, if they are going to raise them properly.  Assholes spitting out kids because they don't understand birth control should be sterilized, unloved kids are a burden on society, as ugly as that sounds.

    As for the guy on the radio, I think he just has to find the right person.  I am pretty sure it wasn't the lady he went out with, but there have to be some females who might be open to that idea.  Maybe he needs someone like Wife to just get herself preggers on him, then he might come around, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment