Tuesday, January 11, 2022

1/11/22 Covid Today?

     We are still living with Covid-19 and trying to do the best we can.  I will admit I got vaccinated twice, which was the original recommendation, this was after I had gotten Covid last January.  I did not want to get vaccinated because I felt that already having been exposed, I would be safe, but that is not how the people in charge see things.  In order for Baby A to participate in sports, he would have to get vaccinated.  We had held off doing this, because he did home schooling the previous year and I didn't want him shot up with something that hasn't been tested and looked at for years.  All he cared about was being able to play, so he decided to get the shots.  I figured since I was the last one, I might as well do it too.  If something bad does happen to them, Boy had already done it and so had Wife, why would I want to be left out?  All for one and one for all, as they say.

    They still tell us it is super scary, but honestly, everywhere we go, hardly anyone is ever wearing masks.  Last week, at the wrestling meet, we were told we were at stage 5, and that everyone had to wear their masks, but still, once we were inside, hardly any of the spectators were wearing them correctly.  They might have their mouths covered, but few had it on properly.  I can't wear it, the humidity makes my nose run, then I have to constantly be blowing my nose, it just sucks.  I'll do it if everyone is doing it, I am not going to fight over it, but if the majority of people aren't wearing it, then I'll be a part of that group.

    The CDC director came out and said a couple weeks ago that if the mask wasn't N95, it wasn't really doing anything other than giving the allusion of helping.  This same director came out this week saying that at least 75% of people that have died have had at least four comorbidities, which is saying a lot.  I don't want to outright say that Covid is made up, but it is probably just a little worse than the flu, who quietly kills a lot of people every year.

    It just strikes me as odd that some colleges are going back on lockdowns, even Crystal City, our hometown, is back on a lockdown.  My mom said my nephews are back to learning from home for a week or two while the new Omicron variant does its thing.

    Is there an end in sight though?  I have heard that there is now Flurona, and even Deltacron, as the different strains keep mixing and matching with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment