Wednesday, January 19, 2022

1/19/22 Another Disappointing Trip To Maxwell Ford?

     I love a good Ford vehicle, but I cannot believe what they are doing with the prices nowadays.  There seems to be no shame, and I guess they don't need to show any when people are still obviously buying into whatever they are doing and getting away with.  I like to walk the lot every time I go in for an oil change and it was time again for our Escape, which we bought a year and a half ago for $11,000.  This car has been great, other than buying new tires for it, all we have had to do is change the oil.  We bought it with 73,000, and it is about to go over 100,000 here in a month or so.

    I decided to go today because I know there is a strong cold front coming tonight and I don't want to feel like I have to be doing this in the cold or on the weekend.  Since I like to walk around, today was perfect.  The weather outside right now (11:00am), is probably 68, so I took my time.  It still turned into a shit show.  First of all, the section of the lot that used to hold a couple hundred trucks in the past is now just parking for the employees.  They only have a handful of choices for each model.  I really only saw one used F-250.  They had maybe 20 new F-150 trucks, but the nice Platinum was $73,000, might as well get an F-250 at that point.

    I then walked over to the two new Broncos they had outside, I assume they were for sale, although they have been making a stink that one won't be able to buy one for a year unless we ordered them when they were announced.  These two could be ones that were canceled on by other customers.  Either way, the price looked good on the 4-door model with a soft top, at $48,000, but then they have the balls to add $30,000 from the dealership.  Maybe I have the prices flipped, but they are both over $70,000 (just checked online).  At least put a big V-8 engine we can brag about for that money.  I refuse to get a new car for more than $50,000 with a dinky 4-cylinder engine.

    I then kept walking in disgust and didn't really see any used F-250 trucks.  They had a good-looking Ranger, not that I want a small vehicle, but they are nice to get around town and park anywhere.  It was used, with 6,000 miles, it had a sticker saying, "No Warranty", but they were still wanting $43,000.  This is a small truck, no leather, no sunroof, WTF!

    At this point, I just went back inside and drank the shitty coffee.  At least they are throwing a little pastry offering with the coffee as we wait.  Maybe I should just learn to sit in the waiting room and stop looking.  At this point, I am just going to keep driving my Excursion for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment