Sunday, January 23, 2022

1/23/22 Finally Tore My Pellet Grill Open?

     I was being as useless as usual at home, taking my nap around 1:00pm after eating some pretty good tacos Wife made with some corn tortillas, eggs, cheese, and some avocado slices.  It was all fried together and became a sticky crispy mess.  I then got up at 3:00pm, just in time to hear Wife saying she was going to nap.  I thought this would be a good time to mess with my grill, being that we had nothing else to do and once I nap, I feel good for a few hours.

    The problem with my grill is that all the wires have become the same brown color from all the uses, so I went and tore off the old circuit board when the new one came in, not thinking that the wires have to be installed a certain way.  I played around with them this time and figured out all, judging by the lack of error codes.  The only error code I got after a while was the ignitor coil was not being read.  Without installing it, just laying it on top of the grill, I replaced the old wire connector with this one and the error went away, and I could feel it getting hot immediately.  I thought this was awesome, all I had to do now was remove 3-4 screws to get inside where the ignitor is, and I have basically a new grill once again.  For all my tools and ideas, I could not get those screws removed.  They have rusted and I could just not get them to turn over.

    After a while, I even called Boy to look at the problem and he suggested some oil to get the screws to release.  If that doesn't work, we both came to the conclusion I should just beat the screws off.  If I can't fix it, I am going to have to buy a new grill, so this is a last desperation attempt.  By this point, it was after 5:00pm and of course, Wife, right on cue, came out with her passive aggressive "guess I'll just put the chicken in the oven..."  I pissed and fumed a minute as I had stopped to see the last few minutes of the Rams/Bucs game, it was a close exciting end, but then I told her to chill, and I got the charcoal grill going.  I'll get those screws busted off another day, I need it to be light outside, it is too hard to do this in the dark.

    It is now 6:30pm and the chicken is about halfway done, I am about to go throw some steaks on there and the pack of sausages is ready to go as well.  Charcoal works for this type of grilling on Sundays, but it doesn't feel the same.  I miss my pellet grill, which would run for hours at a consistent temperature.  Charcoal, even a bag at time gives you a tight window in which everything needs to be cooked in.  You can't wait too long to start chicken, especially this one, which was still a bit frozen internally.  I put it on the grill, but away from on top of the fire and within a few minutes it felt like it had defrosted completely.  We should be eating by 7:30pm, while we maybe watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment