Tuesday, January 25, 2022

1/25/22 Gonna Be Hard Going Back To Being A Good Boy?

     I got a good spanking last week, and as a result, I am supposed to be working a full shift again, no more worrying about Covid killing us, that part of life is done.  Since we had been told to go home and preserve ourselves, I had gotten awful efficient at working and with looking at my mail at home, skipping coffee breaks and lunch, running both tools at the same time, I could get all the work required in about 4-5 hours most nights.  I have to learn to work slower once again, which starts by giving my Wife more than a few seconds on the phone.  I didn't even want to slow down to have a conversation with her, figuring if I hurried up enough, I would see her before she goes to bed.

    Sure enough, I walked in last night and my mind quickly figured out if I split the work between the tools, I had about 3-4 hours of work, even less than usual, and that's doing work that isn't even due until Friday.  Instead of rushing into the work, I went and found my coworker and got a pass down, which means we shot the shit for a good while drinking coffee.  After this, we went in the lab, and I got to work at a more leisurely pace.  I even decided to make new solutions to use.  Being in a hurry, I would use whatever was available and always hesitated on being the one to make new standards.  I made my own stock solutions, made my own curve bottles and even spent another hour washing bottles, something I have always hated doing and just see as busy work, but it does need to get done.

    I did find that our tool is acting up, so I did end up technically running both tools, but it was more to trouble shoot my solutions to see if I had made a mistake.  All was well, the work due today, 2 jobs, and the one due Friday, all got done by 9:00pm.  I then sat and did the report for last week to prove that I am indeed a good boy and do in fact do some work, not just collect money like a leech.

    Ultimately, if they want us to be there a full shift, they should make it their job to get us more samples, that will increase our revenue and not just keep us marching in place for a predetermined amount of time.  I was told to maybe go help, like the imaging group, but I can't be running from one lab space to another, they are physically spaced down opposite ends of a long hallway.  I don't mind going over and doing imaging work, if that is what I am going to do for a night or more but running back and forth is just begging for mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment