Tuesday, January 18, 2022

1/18/22 Do I Have The Balls To Start Over?

     I really felt insulted with the crap they came up with this week to get after us.  I would understand if we had gotten lazy and we were letting our customers down, but I swear, at least the chemistry group, we are right near 100% completion rate on any work requests for the stuff I work on.  Sure, there are sometimes weird experiments and that is handled by our manager or the more experienced people, and with having to discuss the work with the customer, those type of jobs may occasionally fall through the cracks.  The stuff I work on is always completed, and there are 24hr jobs, ones that need to be done by the next day coming in at least 3 out of the 4 days I am there, they are very common.

    I know that a lot of the reason I haven't tried looking for another job is because I am comfortable most of the time, but maybe this is a sign that I should shop myself around.  I just hate the idea of starting over and having to meet new people and proving to a new group that I am useful.  Boy has been encouraging me, as well as Wife to apply to Tesla, or Samsung.  Both of these companies especially are investing big time in the area, Tesla is building a new plant in Del Valle, and Samsung is also putting in a new $17billion dollar fab in Taylor.  Just looking at the cost of housing in the area, and the median house selling for $500,000, salaries have to be climbing to keep up, yet here we are with no raises in over 10 years.  We got a lump sum of money about three years ago, and we were told that would be a more regular thing, but it only happened once.

    I don't think management did us any favors by also telling me (not sure if they told this to the others), you can be replaced if you don't like it.  I was also told "If you want to continue working your current time, you can become a part time worker."  I don't think they could have said it any clearer that I am not really a valued employee, if anyone can come in and replace me.  Never mind the years of loyalty I have given them, and it was their stupid idea to let us be so fluid on our schedules.

    Like Boy has told me, in today's environment, where people can productively work from home, can conduct business through the computer, and so many other ways, we stumbled on a method that was working for us, I wasn't even minding not getting raises, if they were going to keep looking the other way on our time.  Wife says the first step is to write up a new resume, that might be enough for me to get the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment