Sunday, January 2, 2022

1/2/22 Good Break To Reset For New Year?

     Today is the last day of our two-week vacation, and although we always wish we would have done more, I feel like it was a restful time to unwind and get our feet back on solid ground.  We saw my folks two days the first week and four days the second, which was nice since I am always being told I don't see them enough.  We spent New Year's Eve with my in-laws, I was surprised we didn't see them a bit more, but I leave that up to Wife.

    If there is something I wish we could have done more of, it would have been to stay up late and sleep in more.  It seems that because of Baby A and wrestling, we must be as disciplined as him.  The first weekend was taken over by the one meet, it wasn't until Monday that we got back to normal.  Then we went to Crystal City, which yes, we could stay up, but it isn't the same thing as doing it at home.  It was nice when we finally got home and were able to just run on our own internal clock, but that lasted only from Thursday until Sunday night.  By Monday, we were back to having to go to bed early for wrestling practice in the mornings.  I was glad to hear that he got the weekend off for New Year's, which means we got Friday through Sunday off too.  In total, we got about seven free days to do as we pleased, so I guess we can't complain.

    It is starting to look like Quintin Tarantino may be Baby A's favorite movie maker, he has liked all of his movies the best.  During the break, we saw Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds and he really liked both movies, other than he thought they used the N word a bit too much.  We finally also got an out loud guffaw while watching Tropic Thunder towards the end when the Ben Stiller character is escaping the drug gang and he throws Half-Squat, the baby he decides he has adopted like a pinwheel into the jungle when he attacks him with a tiny knife.  It was a ridiculous scene, but I guess the overall effect got him, and he laughed out loud, which is very rare for our uptight young boy.  He was also left confused because he hated Tom Cruise for the Maverick character in Top Gun, but who can't love the Les Grossman show he puts on?   Cruise is almost unrecognizable as the heavyset bully, which Mijo kept saying he wants to be that guy when he grows up.

    It finally feels like the holidays with the cold finally deciding to show up as our break ends.  Mijo does have two more days, but Wife and I go back to work on Monday.  I don't know if we will have another freeze like we did last year, and if we do and we don't lose power, I am okay with it.  We never lost power or our water supply, so for us at least, it was just a week of taking it easy and staying in the house watching movies.  I'll do that for a freeze, or more Covid scares..., sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment