Tuesday, December 1, 2020

12/1/20 A Week Off To Give Thanks?

     This was a pretty good week off, I have to say.  We have learned to make the best of this shitty Covid-19 times and by now, we are used to being home and away from people.  We still managed to do a lot whether we wanted to or not.  Wife was here early Friday, she got off right before 2:00pm and was here before 5:00pm, so she went with me to drop off Baby A at practice.  The week was pretty much dominated by his practices.  He had practice on Monday and Tuesday at 9:00am to noon.  We spent both days driving around Austin, basically cruising for three hours both days, stopping for breakfast and doing some light window shopping, it was nice.  We had gotten our turkeys Saturday or Sunday morning when we did our big shopping trip then we did last minute shopping on Wednesday.  We did not leave the house from Wednesday afternoon until Friday late, other than to take Baby A to practice one last time.  I stayed home on Friday because we had two technician teams installing new A/C systems for the house.  They are supposedly monster systems, but currently with the outside temperatures in the 40's, we won't be using them for some time, most likely, but it is Texas.

    The newest fad has been shopping online and we have pretty much managed to buy most gifts here at home sitting on our fat butts.  I am now a pretty big fan of Amazon.  Shoot, my Excursion is starting to fall apart, the newest part is the cable that opens the driver side barn door in the back, but I already saw a video on Youtube on how to fix it and have the parts ordered from Amazon, including a couple of specialty tools.  It is only costing me $60 bucks, you know Ford would have made that $200-300.  The tools will come in handy later, I ordered a full Torx screwdriver set because the Excursion is full of those funky screws everywhere and I want it to look good while I drive it.  The other tool is a pry bar set, to take off the plastic walls inside, like the door parts and such.

    While I was ordering this (oh yeah, and my Bote Rovers), Wife was ordering gifts for different family members, so I don't see a reason to go to the mall and breath other people's stinky Covid breath.  I want to go out and shop like we always did, but there is honestly more selection online and if you are willing to wait a couple days, it will come to you.

    Saturday, the 28th, was his last game of the season and it was a stinker.  The weather was just horrible, it rained the whole game long and even with rain gear, I was soaked to my underwear by the time we left.  Stupid weather cleared up after we finished eating, but even then, we are in a cold spell.  The weather is supposed to remain below 60 pretty much the whole week.  All I can say is by the time this comes out (writing this on Sunday, the 29th) it will be almost the end of the week and we just have to wait two more weeks to start another two week period of for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment