Thursday, December 24, 2020

12/24/20 Loving What Ford Is Doing?

     Ford has been delivering, I am very happy with their lineup and where they seem to be headed.  They just released the Bronco Sport and as I was told last night, this is the smaller of the Broncos, a bigger one is coming in both 2 door and 4 door versions.  I can't help but think that a 4 door version will very much look like an Excursion, maybe not.  We did go to the dealership last night, around 7:00pm to see the new Broncos, the fully loaded "Badlands" version they had in the show room floor was loaded and going for a reasonable $38,999.  I thought everything about the vehicle at that price point sounded like a great bargain except for the engine.  I loved the look, very sporty, Wife said it reminded her of a Toyota Pathfinder or something like that, the roof was very defined and flat, the curves were all sharp and crisp, it is very stylish and even the nose, where they fucked up the Ranger, was very cool, to my eyes.  The inside was equally good looking, with the brown baseball leather glove colored seats, with touches of grey for contrast.  The front dash starts looking like all the other Fords.  I have test driven an Explorer, sat in a new Edge, we bought the Ecosport, and I have been looking at F-250s.  They all have a very similar look, but the look is good enough for me.  Everything is laid out efficiently and makes sense.

    I don't know what they are thinking of, but the engine being a 3 cylinder sounds like something for the European market.  The guy said it still makes 300HP or something, with all the turbos and stuff, but I want at least 6 cylinders if I can't get a good ole V8.  I know that whatever is in the hood is probably good enough, but I just feel like I am being cheated out of something when they do that, again, maybe I just have to get used to newer more efficient technology.

    With so many upcoming releases, I don't even know what to do.  The good thing is that my Excursion is acting like a champ, so I don't need a new vehicle right now, but what if?  I really want to wait for the new Excursion that has been announced for the coming year, maybe the new Bronco will be big and impressive enough.  I did like this Bronco Sport too, the engine not so much.  I also think like Wife says I should settle for a smaller SUV and then I can justify the cost of a boat from the equation.

    What I do know is that we just bought the Telluride and the Ecosport this year, so I am not going to start trying to buy a new car for myself in the next few months, even though I would love one.  If anything, I wouldn't mind upgrading the seats to leather in the Edge and start driving it more regularly since Boy is looking down his nose at it.  Then again, Baby A has started making noise about he needing to drive, so he might just end up with either the Ecosport or the Edge.  We need more cars even as our driveway looks like a car dealership.

No comments:

Post a Comment