Sunday, December 27, 2020

12/27/20 Boy Had A Small Accident?

     Just when you think you got life all figured out, you've done everything right and just want to sit back and relax, that's when life says "fuck you" and kicks you in the balls.  Wife and I went out to have a little fun on Christmas Eve, all the gifts were bought and we just wanted to go take a look around the mall and see how it looked from the inside, maybe get a last minute stocking stuffer for the boys, a sweater or something.  We were about as relaxed as we can get, I even managed to go to my favorite new store, 5.11, I like the backpacks and got myself a new one from Santa, just because.  I thought that was a perfect ending to the shopping madness that is the Christmas rush.  We were headed home, just talking about firing up the grill, we were going to smoke a turkey and some ribs to eat later at night, so we just needed to get home, jump in our warm ups and just relax, but no.

    Boy called us as we headed home to say that he had just been involved in a car accident, about 2-3 miles from where we had just been, as he was headed home from work.  Nothing makes you hear the scratch of the needle coming off the record like the word "accident".  He was quick to say he was not hurt and the other people were okay too, so that helped but he also said he hit hard enough that the airbags deployed all around and the car ended up looking like an accordion up in the front.  He said the other car barely had scratches on its rear bumper, but for some reason, our little Ecosport looked like it ran into a wall.  It is times like this that it is better to remain calm and reassure him that as long as he is okay, all will be fine.  I was a little sad about the car, I really liked it, we had only had it since about August and I had only driven it a few times before Boy decided he liked it more than his Edge.  We were actually driving around in his SUV as Wife's SUV has been in the shop for an oil change that has now taken too many days.

    We met up with him, Sweetie was already there, she had gone to pick him up, the Ecosport was taken by tow truck to a Ford shop, unfortunately, it looks like a total loss, although sometimes looks can be deceiving.  We talked to a very nice young man who assured us he would do the best he could and he would be contacting us when he got to working on it.  I told him there was no rush and we understood it was Christmas Eve, I was just happy they were still open to receive the car so we had a place to take it to.  Maxwell Ford acted terribly, I mean worst customer service we could have gotten, I get it, but for a place that I loved so much, they really let me down, fucking assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment