Tuesday, December 8, 2020

12/8/20 Baby A Is Going To Try Wrestling?

     This will be a new sport for all of us, but baby A has been talked into joining the wrestling team.  I wanted him to try it last year, but he wasn't sure if he could do it and he didn't want to wear the little "weird" outfits wrestlers wear.  Since last year, he has gotten much stronger and confidant.  He knows from being a lineman that he can hold his own against most guys when it comes to pushing and shoving against one another, so it is time to step up.

    I like that the coaches told us last year that they could see him working perfectly on the wrestling team.  These are the same football coaches and if anything else, it makes him a better football player which is what he cares about the most.  I enjoy seeing him compete, so it is win win for me.  It keeps him busy and focused on doing something, I mean this boy has a lazy gene in him, if he isn't doing a sport, he wants to lay around all day.  

    He said he was going to try out for the wrestling team at the request of some upper classmen who "threatened" to kick his ass if he didn't do it (jokingly, how boys push each other).  They all told him they do it and it has made them better players and tacklers.  That is the one thing I feel he could improve on, because he grew up being such an oversized child, we always emphasized him being gentle with his friends and cousins.  He is now big and strong, but he is not a "killer", he won't grab someone violently to bring them down, I see a sort of hesitation and I think wrestling might break that little hesitation and make him more comfortable at grabbing foes to put them under his control.  I think him being a little "short" will work in his favor since he is a stout 236 pounds and working already to come down to 220.  As mama keeps saying he carries a lot of weight in that ass, so he should have the advantage of a low center of gravity, he just needs to learn how to use it.

    That is the other thing, he is much more disciplined than I could ever be.  He immediately stated he was going to diet and work to get to 220 pounds.  The wrestling class sizes are shitty, there are so many for the smaller guys, but as they get bigger, the classes go from 190 to 220, to 287, or something like that.  He either comes below 220 to fight there or he will be placed in the biggest weight category and I can just imagine some big ole boys dominate there, not that I know what goes on.  I have never seen a match other than on TV, so I got some learning to do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment