Saturday, December 5, 2020

12/5/20 Movies Are Getting Dumber?

     It is bad enough we aren't really watching much TV nowadays.  We tried last weekend, I randomly chose a movie on Hulu that looked like a romcom, which I already accept to be stupid, but it doesn't have to be insulting too.  In the first five minutes, we see the cute girl dressed down on purpose, for some reason, I am sure she will blossom at the appropriate time.  She is so clumsy, it must be cute somehow.  She is attempting to walk three dogs, like a pug, a chihuahua, and some other tiny thing and of course she can't even manage that.  She gets all twisted up and falls over, I just winced at the unnecessary theatrics on the screen.

    Cut to the next scene and she is walking into her apartment and her more put together roommate is there eating a bagel or something in the kitchen.  She walks in and has the mail in hand, but oh my, she is scared to look at the letter she has been expecting.  The roommate opens it and reads some bad news, she didn't get the job of her dreams or something.  Right at this moment, her phone gets a message and it is mom talking about sending her more money to help her pay the bills.  The roommate is embarrassed for her for accepting money from her mom.

    At this point I looked at Wife and she was already saying "no, I can't do it."  I agreed, and we turned it off.  These idiot girls were sitting in a beach front apartment worried about paying the rent and mom is helping them, or some pathetic shit.  Of course she can afford to have the $2000 little dog, but mom is going to help with the rent.  Get the fuck out of here, first off, live within your means, even in a movie.  If you are just starting out, you should live in a shithole, or stay with your parents.  Second, either girls are tough enough to play football in the SEC nowadays or they get overwhelmed walking 15 pounds worth of tiny dogs, which one is it?

    Make the characters realistic and maybe we'll take the ride with you, but when the setting is perfect, it just doesn't work for me.  I am not sure with my good job that I could afford a condo on the beach, or a condo facing Central Park or wherever the nice place of whatever city this movie was shot in.  I am sure that by the end of the movie we were going to see her take her glasses off and we would see a real beauty with a heart of gold and she would have done something to prove she did deserve that job that originally turned her down.  Lame ass predictable shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment