Monday, December 28, 2020

12/28/20 Maxwell Ford Has Lost Me As A Customer?

     Anyone who has read my blogs for some time knows I am a Ford fan, I mean, I fought with Wife when she got the Telluride, I really wanted her to get an Expedition or an Explorer, but she was set on another Kia and the fact that the Telluride did better on a head to head in Car and Driver did not help my case.  Still, we currently have three fords in our arsenal and all get driven weekly.  I was just at Maxwell Ford a month ago looking at the F250 Tremor trucks, I really want one for my next vehicle, and then I was curious about the Bronco Sport and they finally have some out to show, I was also considering just downsizing and maybe settling on one of these.

    Well, Boy crashed the Ecosport and being that we don't have accidents frequently, the last time I dealt with one was with my 1999 F250 back around 2004 or thereabouts and I brought it to Maxwell Ford where they repaired it for me.  I naively told Boy to tell the tow truck guy to deliver the crashed car to Maxwell Ford for repairs, even if they couldn't get to it, it would save him the cost of towing it to the yard, and then towing it again to the Ford shop.  We got there and they were fixing to close, but the gate was still open.  It's not like I get an email on the hours of operation, but if the gates are open, I assume someone is still around.  Boy had gotten there before and said there was nobody in the service department.  I walked up tot he front to look for a secretary or just anyone to say we were wanting to leave our car there, just to have an okay, so they know where the crashed car came from.  Everything was closed up, there was a manager type in a car rolling slowly telling me they were closed.  I walked towards him because he was using his inside voice about twenty feet from me, I couldn't hear him.  He acted like I had leprosy or AIDS and was approaching him with my penis out.  He yelled like he was preventing me from robbing him and told me to stand back (I guess the fat fuck is scared of COVID).  I wasn't going to stick my head in his car, I just wanted to talk like a human.  He yelled that we needed to go, they were closed.  I told him to "STOP! (he wouldn't converse with me, just kept saying they are closed) I know you're closed, I just want to say that my son just crashed, we are leaving the car here, is that okay?"

    At this, he looked at me like I was stupid and said they are not a service center, they sell new cars, the repair place is offsite a few blocks away and again, please get off the lot.  He had a technician or other lower level guy by the gate who was going to lock up and he was talking to Wife saying that if we didn't get off the lot, he would be towing two cars, not just the crashed one.  I thought this was extremely rude and yelled at him "MY SON WAS JUST IN A CAR ACCIDENT, WE KNOW Y'ALL ARE CLOSING, I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DO WITH THE CAR, I'VE BOUGHT A GOOD 5-6 CARS FROM HERE BUT YOU TWO ARE TREATING US LIKE WE'RE HERE TO STEAL, FUCK!!!!  IT IS A STRESSFUL SITUATION, ACT LIKE HUMANS FOR A GODDAM MINUTE!!!"

    I walked off to move the Edge off the parking lot and into the street.  Wife tried explaining to them what I was trying to say, but the technician (and you assume this is a man, he works under cars and shit) turned away from Wife and said he was not communicating with us anymore because I had been so aggressive, I had caused his tampon to shift, or something.  We then sat on the street, Boy told the tow truck driver to drop off at the repair place and I guess he already had gone over there because the car was there and he was long gone.  It was a nice feeling that the manager type sat in his car but not being helpful, even when we were on the street outside of his precious dealership until we left.  I will not be buying any more cars here.  This fucking poor excuse of a human could have just said "sorry for your accident, take the car over to so and so address, I didn't want him to roll his sleeves up and look at the car, I knew it was Christmas Eve too."  Instead, he treated us like dirty Mexicans, he was fucking brown too, so it wasn't racism, maybe he thought we were poor, but his stupid ass isn't better than us, fucking clown.  I don't know if his technician is a millenial, but his behavior like he has never heard a person cussing surprised me, I mean, he works with a garage full of men, what was that female behavior that he shut down because I cussed at the situation, I wasn't cussing at him?

    The only saving grace is that the guy over at the repair place was shocked at the behavior and said he has worked there for 7 years, they are part of the Maxwell Ford umbrella, he would be talking to the general manager about this, it wasn't right how we were treated.  I don't expect an apology, big important assholes like this rarely admit they did anything wrong, they'll paint me as being unhinged and acting like I deserved to be treated like I was.  Maybe I did, hell, maybe I should learn my role and walk looking down at the ground with a limp wrist and go through life apologizing for existing.  Wife was quick with well, we could switch all our cars to Kias, I laughed and said "woah, there are other Ford dealerships, Ford didn't do anything wrong, I mean your son walked away from an ugly accident unhurt, so the car did its job."  Wife don't play games, she will fight me next time we get a car and will want it to be anything but a Ford, thanks to these two great representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment