Tuesday, December 22, 2020

12/23/20 Beautiful Saturday For An Afternoon Drive?

     We are finally free for a couple weeks and although the morning on Saturday started with thunderstorms and grey skies, but 1:00-2:00pm the skies cleared up and we enjoyed a very fall afternoon, with cool temperatures and blue skies.  We had been invited to a baby shower drive by for one of Boy's old girlfriends, not because they keep in touch, but the mom remains one of Wife's Facebook friends and they talk/text once in awhile.  Since she was having a baby, we drove by and dropped off a baby gift, a cute little girl outfit and some diapers.  I always love the "OMG is this Bobbers (Baby A has had a lot of nicknames), he has gotten so big?" from the girl.  Since the mom now lives in Buda, we drove over there through the back roads and that kind of set the tone for the day.  

    Afterwards, we drove over to check a location where Wife has to go after the holidays for a training, she likes to know how to get to places ahead of time.  After this, we were free to do whatever and when you carry a Baby A in the back seat, eventually you have to feed him.  We drove around to a place here and there, but not many places allow indoor dining.  I decided to head out towards Bee Cave, I have an itch that I want to scratch and that is that I would like to consider the idea of moving west towards this area, the problem is that Wife doesn't live in town and the median house price in that area is $650,000 now, thanks to all the people flooding the area.  For now I'll wait, Mijo doesn't want to move and he is halfway through his high school days, it would suck for him.  My mom will say "but you did it to Boy, but that was at the start of his high school life, not in the middle of it and we were really cramped living in the old house, I was suffocating there.  I do love my house, so there is no rush, I just hate the thought of Austin being overrun by the fucking homeless.

    We ended up eating at Whataburger in Lakeway, and that prompted a stop at a boat dealership, I opened my phone to get an address and a brand new Bayliner boat popped up in one of the ads showing a 15ft boat for $13,999, including trailer.  That is pretty much what I have been looking for, it fits in the garage, seats 5 people and it is pretty cheap.  They did not have them yet, they are building boats again and they did have inventory, not like last time where the store was completely empty, but the guy said that boat was completely new and they are just now leaving the manufacturers and arriving at dealerships.  Something to look forward to.

    We then stopped at HEB and in Lakeway for some groceries to grill at home, then headed home.  By the way, Lakeway has a much nicer HEB than I had seen at other places. This store was a mix of a Central Market (really HEB's version of upscale store) and a nice HEB.  There was a nice assortment of sweets by the front with a bakery, there was a butcher style counter over in the meat department and even one of the aisles seemed dedicated to the gluten free winnies that exist where rich people live (one of the comedians on Youtube makes the joke, hard working Mexicans who do roofing or work out in the sun don't even know what gluten allergies are).  The store was very nice, it felt like being in another state even, but eventually we got back in our car and came back to normal.

    Afterwards Wife surprised me one more time by going along with my stupidity when I said Ford finally has the new Broncos in stock, I wouldn't mind going over and checking them out.  She said "let's go, after we drop off the food at the house."  We did and Baby A stayed home too, he had enough fun for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment