Thursday, July 9, 2020

7/9/20 Finding Old Memory Cards?

    Maybe we have been locked up too long in the house.  Yesterday, Boy let out DD's dog to go to the bathroom in the afternoon after he called that he was going to be stuck late at work.  Somehow, either Boy or Ghost (the dog), managed to get the door locked.  Wife realized this a little later and now it was my turn to get involved and unlock the door.  I have a ring with all the extra keys we find around the house and I was sure the keys for that lock were going to be in there, but they weren't.  While going through the drawer looking for more loose house keys, I found a collection of old memory cards I hadn't noticed in years.  I have a little pouch thing where I thought I had all our memory cards from our old cameras, but these five cards were floating out by themselves.  I think Wife got them together a few weeks ago when we cleaned the kitchen and she went and threw out most everything from our two junk drawers.  I was too busy at the time dealing with the pantry that I didn't notice what she was going through.  BTW, I opened the door to the bedroom with a credit card.
    It was fun to see what was on the memory cards, mostly pictures from around 2009-2011.  Javalina was a tiny guy still sporting his super long hair which we didn't cut from birth until he started elementary school.  Boy was about the same height but maybe 30 pounds lighter, he was only about 110-120 pounds in high school.  This is the timeframe when we were having all our parties here in our then new house.  We moved in 2007 and put the pool in the backyard by 2009 more or less.  We had BBQ's and parties almost every weekend, if I wasn't working overtime.  There were so many activities back then with the parties, going to Corpus, graduations, birthdays, Disney and just enjoying life.  Nowadays, it seems like every day is the same, we can't even go anywhere due to Corona.  I am kind of piss-y because this week we should have been in Florida at the Disney and Universal parks.  It might seem lame to some of you, but I enjoy being out there with my family just enjoying the getting away from normal and being amongst other families enjoying the same thing.
    The other thing in the pics that was fun to see was Boy doing his rocket presentations.  Those were out near Fredericksburg on a ranch and would take all day with students from all over the state showing up.  I just hope to get back to having these many excursions and adventures once life starts up again, because even if it doesn't feel like it while we are going through our busy lives, I guess we do activities to keep us and the boys entertained regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment