Thursday, July 30, 2020

7/30/20 Should We Buy A New RV?

    It looks like as much as Wife tried to find a job in the Austin area, she will have to do another year in La Pryor.  She had been staying with my folks and that was working out well enough, but now with Covid-19 and my mom's fears that my dad will accidentally be exposed and possibly suffer the most (he is the weakest member of the immediate family, if he was a gazelle, I would only be able to say he was a gazelle, the lions would have feasted on old ass meat (JK, but not really)).  Still, we're human and my mom wants to keep him around as long as possible, even if he is a pain in the ass, sometimes.
    Well, a few times that I thought would be good times to go visit since February, my mom has outright told us no.  She feels we take too many risks by letting people come and visit, letting DD live with us, Sweetie working at HEB, Javalina seeing his friends, and on and on.  That being said, and I totally understand and agree.  I don't want to be responsible for getting my dad sick, so for now, Wife has just been driving back and forth to work.  It is almost tolerable because they are getting out at 2:00pm and she gets here around 5:00pm, but she still has to get up at 4:00am to get going by 5:00am.
    Today, we both came to the conclusion that in the light of Covid-19, she might need a better solution to live in and that is when it occurred to me that maybe we should just get another RV.  One that can be towed with an SUV, a travel trailer, not a 5th wheel which requires a truck.  Wife wasn't being difficult with her instant "No!", so that tells me we got something to do this weekend.  We can go look at a couple of different RVs.  I know that one we could drive is not in the budget, but that would be the dream.  I looked at a couple of tiny ones but they just aren't practical, what is she going to do, get home and sit at the kitchen table all evening, then lie in the bed, two feet away?  That sounds like a prescription to go insane.  If we do this, I think we need at least some chairs or a sofa and a separate bedroom.  Eventually, this would be something we would use to vacation and I am sure Javalina would like to take some friends, so we are back to looking at units that have the kid's room in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment