Friday, July 3, 2020

7/3/20 Stranded, At The Drive-In?

    Like Rizzo, in Grease, I feel stranded, alone, trapped, the campus nurse for Cypress (where we are located), just called me and said I am to stay home because of Covid-19 that my son's girlfriend tested positive for.  She moved in about six months ago, so she is very much part of the family now so we are riding this out together.  The nurse actually said I am to wait until the girlfriend has gone past the ten days of quarantine and has at least three days of no symptoms.  She was feeling better last night, she told me she was finally feeling like herself yesterday afternoon when I saw her moving around in the bedroom.  I started telling the nurse that, then Wife said that she did mention she had headaches and a light fever last night.  She is getting better, I believe.  Last week, she had a fever of 102 for a few days, this week the fever is only getting up to 100 or so.  I can only say we have been lucky, the rest of us have not shown any symptoms, so far.  My son did go and get tested the same time she went and he came back negative.  I don't understand this virus, they sleep together and they are together in that room almost twenty four hours a day (before she got sick), how does one person get it and the other does not?  I was very worried of this since Boy has had typhus and mono in the last few years and the doctor at Austin Regional Clinic said his immunity would be compromised for a few years.
    The nurse said we should all be quarantining and I agree.  My boys are here and hardly even go outside, except to cut the grass.  We have been going to HEB once a week and that is about it for us leaving the house.  Wife is off for two weeks, so for now, she is basically in quarantine.  The last week she was at work, she told her boss we had a case of corona in the house and asked him if she should go home.  He said "no, just stay in your office, you'll be fine."  What is ironic is that the Multi-Hazard School Safety Audit Manual and has information for Covid-19, which is to follow the CDC guidelines and she should be staying home, but the boss overrode that.  DD also got hit since he is living with us.  He didn't want to mention it to his boss, but he let them know when the test results came back that she was positive and his boss told him to also stay in quarantine for fourteen days and to go get tested.  He was climbing the walls that day because he is not used to staying home and like he says, prefers to be doing something.  He said he found a place to test him the following morning in Kyle.  Since he was sent home, he has been with the ex-girlfriend moving out of their old apartment and moving their stuff into storage.
    As for me, I am fine here at home.  I feel guilty not working, this has been the longest I have gone without reporting to work since I was looking for a job before I was hired by AMD.  So I can look at it as a nice vacation away from work, luckily I love being in my house because of all the space we have.  Right now, Wife and I are sitting at the kitchen table and it seems like no one else is home, but the boys and the girlfriend are each in separate rooms upstairs watching TV or playing video games and we can't tell.  If DD was here, he sleeps in the guest room downstairs and if he was here, we wouldn't feel him either.  We pay a pretty penny for the space, but in times like now, it is worth every cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment