Saturday, July 4, 2020

7/4/20 Independence Day?

    Another holiday spent in isolation, this is getting old, but I guess at least we are still alive.  For the 4th of July, Wife got me going on the idea of spending it in the backyard, maybe even swimming.  for that to happen, I had to get my ass in gear and get the pool clean.  For the second time this season, I got a plug of leaves and crap in the plumbing leading to the pool pump, so it did not want to run.  There is a section that has two ninety degree turns and for some reason this is where the stuff accumulates.  Last time it happened, I got pissed off enough that I just cut the pipe, pulled the crud out, and glued it back together.  This time, I was able to unclog it by just turning off and on the pump like 6-7 times.  I started doing this on Tuesday, and by Wednesday the water was looking a very light green, by Thursday it was a cloudy light blue and by Friday it was looking clear enough.  I got in the pool Friday night to check out the bottom and walls to see if they felt rough or something weird.  All was good, and today, Wife finally got in with me.  It had to have been a good three years since we had been in there for fun.
    While we were working on the backyard, I decided to re-wire the speakers I have attached to the wall about 9 feet off the ground.  These are good outdoor speakers, Bose, I think and after not having been used for the last 3-4 years, they worked like the day I bought them after I ran new speaker wire to them.  The old wire was just destroyed by the sun, all the plastic sheathing just got brittle and broke off.  Instead of doing all this work in the heat and middle of the day, I was up at 9:30am, went outside, got the pool pump running, and even cleaned the grill and loaded it with new charcoal so I would be ready for our 3:00-4:00pm start that Wife wanted to do.
    Other things we did to be ready was to have Javalina cut the grass in the backyard Monday and Tuesday.  The yard had not been trimmed in at least a month and it was starting to look insurmountable.  He cut it, I trimmed a bit more on our palm trees and Wife trimmed the yard after he had cut it.  The other thing we did was run to the store on Thursday and it was a whole different world than going on the weekend.  There were hardly any customers which we could tell outside because of all the parking spots available.  This was nice, we got all the stuff we needed, knowing we were going to grill.  I thought this was much better than waiting and trying to shop on Saturday when everything is so congested.
    All in all, this has been a very relaxed day.  We grilled, swam in the pool, listened to a little soft rock on Magic 95.5, and ate until I got sleepy and for an encore, Wife says we are going back outside to swim a little more.  I have been talking to my family on and off all day through text and they are doing about the same as far as grilling and just staying home and trying to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment