Sunday, July 19, 2020

7/19/20 I Should Have Stayed In Bed?

    Man, you try to do the right thing sometimes, and life just bends you over and gives it to you hard.  I had been telling Javalina to cut the grass all week and of course he kept giving us his favorite phrase, "Tomorrow".  I know it is an old reference but this boy is just like little orphan Annie, "tomorrow, tomorrow, he'll do it, tomorrow, it's only a day away."  Any who, I got up with a head of steam and decided I would at least cut the front yard before I came in and woke him.  I got up at 8:00am and waited until 9:00am to get started.  I was not expecting his royal highness to even come out of his room, but Boy walked Sweetie out as she headed off to work and I told him to go wake his brother and both of them to get their asses out and help me.  Javalina was out within 4-5 minutes, it took me coming into the house and yelling at Boy to come out.  He doesn't like the yard, so why should he have to cut it.  I told him that was "stupid, nobody likes the fucking yard, we just have to maintain it."  He cracked back that he didn't want to and I yelled at him some more, something along the lines of "you live here for free, fucking help, it'll take 20minutes if we all do our part.  We have two lawn mowers and a trimmer, so there are no excuses of not knowing how to help.
    Just as I was feeling good about finishing the yard, Boy made me really look at the A/C units and there was a water leak by them.  I assumed the watery mess was the moisture pulled out of the house, but apparently, we have a heat exchanger which helps the water heater heat the water by using the heat pulled out of the house.  I decided to be proactive and called an A/C company, Arrow.  The guy was very professional and seemed very knowledgeable about my system, but said he was not licensed to do the repair.  This still cost me $89, and the leak remained.  Wife was probably still asleep while all this was going on.
    The A/C guy told me to call a plumber, they would be able to fix this.  I simply went through Google and the first number I got was Reliant Plumbing and they told me they could be here within a couple hours.  The Google rating was around 4.8, so good enough for me.  The guy then texted within 20 minutes of making the appointment that he was on his way.  This just gave me enough time to clean a path to the water heater, I had a bunch of stuff in the garage against that wall. blocking the door to its closet.  The plumber guy was knowledgeable, but said he wouldn't have the broken part until Monday or later.  The A/C guy said I could bypass the unit as it was just meant to add efficiency to the water heater,  The quick way of just soldering in a U in the water coming out and going back into the wall was quoted at $536, including a $50 discount for being a first time customer.  If I wanted it fixed with the leaking part repaired, it would be $2150 or thereabouts and I would have to wait for the part to come in.  I chose the quick way, and he did the work.  All things considered, it was a very quick repair, from identifying of the problem to getting a solution in place.  The only part that hurt was paying $89 to the A/C guy and then $536 to the plumber.  Oh well, it's only money.

No comments:

Post a Comment