Friday, July 24, 2020

7/24/20 Dude, Where Is My Bronco?

    Alright, so Ford made a lot of freaking noise, finally about the new Bronco.  I have seen reviews and pictures and videos of it running up and down hills and rocks.  The thing is beautiful, if you think the Jeep Wrangler idea of a car is beautiful.  There is a 2-door and a 4-door variation, there are about 5-6 different trim levels and so many options, such as the Sasquatch package, which adds 35 inch tires and stuff to go climbing hills and stuff.  The prices I saw were starting at around $28,999 for the cheapest 2-door variant and more than $65,000 for a fully loaded 1st edition, of which they are only making like 3500.
    Now the reality, where is it?  Wife said she was sure she saw a billboard going to San Antonio advertising that they were in at Jordan Ford.  This actually got me excited because when I looked at the Maxwell Ford website it said you could order yours today.  If anything, I was hoping they would have one in the showroom to see the live dimensions and maybe even sit in one.  I had to argue with Wife to go over to the dealership, she hates that I can very happily just walk around and look at all the different trucks and SUVs.  After throwing enough of a tantrum and guilt she said "Fine!  Go to Ford but just to look at the Bronco, not anything else."  I was all happy, drove over there in rush hour only to be told they won't arrive until maybe November at the earliest.  There is also a Bronco Sport and the guy at Ford there said those are going to come out earliest in the Spring next year.  So what are we to do in the meantime?  We can look all we want but I don't think they exist yet.  It sucks because I remember them saying they would be out in the Spring of this year.  Maybe Corona has something to do with the delay, maybe not.
    At least the pictures and reviews have all been positive.  It seems Ford has done everything right, by keeping the look of the old Bronco of yesterday and filling it with today's technology.  I like the idea of a large screen in the center of the console and not much else but A/C vents, looks very clean.  I also like the removable hardtops which when removed leaves the whole area above the seats open.  There is no bar in the middle like on the Jeep Wrangler which is the only competitor out there for it.
    I am not sure if I would really like one, the minimalist in me likes the idea that it is a compact vehicle that would fit much easier in any parking lot compared to the Excursion.  The real world me still figures if I am going to pay $50,000 or more for my next vehicle it might as well be a big ole F-250, which is always my go to vehicle when I think of what I would drive if life didn't constrain me.  As the guy at Ford said, the Bronco will not have any incentives or sale prices any time soon, the trucks will, as they have been around a long time.  Plus, the trucks are proven and reliable.  It will be awhile before we know what kind of bugs are in the Bronco.  It is a super cool looking vehicle though.

No comments:

Post a Comment