Monday, April 29, 2019

4/29/19 Another Sleepy Weekend?

    Wife is starting to feel ragged and well worn as far as always feeling like she is in her car.  I can say I feel alright, but I am not traveling back and forth for work.  The last two weekends were spent first with my family visiting us and then we went down for Easter Sunday.  This weekend it was my mother in law's birthday and we went down again on Sunday, for the day.
    Saturday was like most weekends.  I got up, drank coffee, wrote a blog and went back to bed by 10:00am.  We then got up around 1:00pm, Wife made breakfast, we ate tacos, and then we napped.  It would seem I am being selfish, but Wife has been feeling like being home is the only thing worth doing, and Javalina never wants to really go anywhere. Boy was out with his GF doing their thing.  We probably went upstairs around 4:00pm and napped until 7:00pm.  We got up and I felt like taking a drive and the only place I could think of was going to the bookstore.  My cousin is graduating in a couple weeks and since he is getting a degree in English, I figure he appreciates books.  I won't get into what I bought him, but I thought it was very nice.
    We ended up driving to Buda to try and eat out there, but most everything was closed.  We then ate at Dan's burgers, which is kind of a greasy burger kind of place.  They turn out delicious, but you will feel greasy and messy after you eat one.  It was a nice surprise when we got home.  Our old roomie Dirty, I mean Domesticated Dog was there visiting with his GF.  They came down to say hi right away and we probably visited with them for an hour or so.  By the time they left, it was after 1:00am.  We went upstairs and Wife put away a bunch of clothes we have been washing an letting pile up.  I did stay up until almost 4:00am to write since I knew Wife was going to be on the move in the morning.
    She got up around 10:30am and started by taking a shower.  She got me up around 11:30am and then I showered and stuff.  We got up to my in-law's around 2:00pm, as usual, they had already eaten, but there was plenty of food for us.  The food was brisket on a baked potato with all the trimmings.  This was a lot of food and it was followed by another "better than sex" cake, a strawberry shortcake thing and cherry cheesecake.  I enjoyed the food, but as soon as I was done, I hit he bed and slept for a good two hours.  I got up, listened to Wife still going fast in her storytelling and I went back to lay down for another hour.  I finally got up around 8:00pm and then we left back to Austin.  We spent a little too long at Buc-ee's, but eventually we got our butts home.  About the last thing we did was eat the sandwiches Wife picked up at Buc-ee's with some chips and sodas at home.
    Everyone went to bed and I stayed up as usual, washing clothes and trying my best to catch it as it comes out of the dryer to put it away.  I do this so Wife can sleep and I don't wake her up as I screw around watching TV or playing on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment