Tuesday, April 16, 2019

4/16/19 Why The Goofy Shit On Shitty Cars?

    I have always wondered what compels a man to spend good money on hokey shit to make their already shitty car look shittier?  The latest one I just saw was a little Ford Fiesta or something small like that with the pointy things on the wheels like they are going to go join Mad Max in the desert and fight to the death for oil or gas.  These things are goofy and extend out a good 10-12 inches with spike-like things like they are looking for a fight.  I believe they were used in the Grease movie when the two greaser gangs are racing and the black car messes up the white cars fenders, I don't think it would work in real life, but that is what they are supposed to do, theoretically.  Now, if only the owners would break into a song, then these people would become useful to society, just saying.
    Another one I remember seeing, but not as much anymore was the wing on the back of the car.  I had a friend who actually had a huge wing, like $500 dollars worth on a Dodge Neon that was worth maybe $400.  I wouldn't tell him, but that was some dumb shit right there.  There is no way that car with its 4 cylinder engine needed aerodynamic assist to stay firmly planted on the ground.  It was a Dodge Neon, enough said.  He was acting like he was some Formula One racer out in Monte Carlo, when really he was mostly cruising east Austin.
    Wal-Mart used to sell stickers of bullet holes to apply to a car, but for what?  To look gangsta?  I never understood what kind of mental giant would think "yeah, $2.99, I apply these stickers and I will get instant street cred, unless they look closer."  At least the stickers are cheap.
    My brother in law had a fixed up pick-up truck that had lights underneath, I think his color was blue.  They were illegal so what was the point of paying hundreds of dollars for that.  This weekend, I saw a truck with lights underneath and somehow on the inside of the tires that were changing colors.  It did not make me wish I was him, it just made me wonder why so much effort to light up the dirtiest part of your truck, Juan?  Other than the lights, there was nothing interesting going on down there.  If his suspension was chromed out, maybe it would add a touch of class, but just dirty and brown and old does not need lights for additional attention.
    Just drive your dinky car,  maybe keep it clean if you want to do more.  Nobody is impressed by stickers, first of all.  And most importantly, don't spend good money on plastic goofy shit to put stuff on your car that will make people laugh at your simple ass.  You don't generally see the goofy shit on nice decent cars, take a cue.

No comments:

Post a Comment