Sunday, April 28, 2019

4/28/19 Scary Stories and Good Times?

    Friday was payday and it felt good to have some money in the bank, after two weekends of first having my folks here and then going down for Easter.  Neither of those things by themselves should cost us more than normal, but it always does, somehow.  Add to that Wife had been up here more than normal and we went out or a few too many meals and really the last few days before payday I was eating ham sandwiches like they were the only thing on the planet.
    Anyways, Friday I got out of work and first of all had to drop of Javalina, then gassed up my Excursion, that was $97 right there, but it does last me most of the two weeks between paydays.  I then felt like eating some breakfast tacos and I was going to go to HEB, but decided on Target instead because it is on the way home.  At Target, I thought about it and decided I wanted to eat pasta.  It is something we used to eat weekly, but now with Wife living out of town, we just never get to it.  I bought the spaghetti, sauce, meat and even toasted breads to make the meal as I like it.  To be honest, during the week, we went to Mandola's, and I was intending on staying very simple and get some spaghetti and meatballs, but got distracted with the menu and ordered whatever they had on sale for that day, Monday, I think.  It was good, but it wasn't pasta and red sauce, plus the bill was like $85 and then we got desserts, they have great coconut cake.  So my want for spaghetti and meatballs was never satiated, and along with that I got some eggs and bacon and SPAM and breakfast sausage to make a big breakfast on Saturday morning.
    I didn't go to bed until almost 11:00am and then I felt Wife in the house like at 3:00pm, so I got up early and went downstairs.  I told her about the food I got and she wanted a couple more things, mostly the ingredients to make her "better than sex" cake, so we went to HEB after we picked up Javalina.  We came back home, I think I napped until around 7:00pm and she was just about done baking the cake.  I hung out in the kitchen with her and she made the spaghetti and meat sauce pretty quickly.  We were either really in the mood or it was really good, but I had two big plates of it and it hit the spot.  Before long, our new house guests showed up from their daily activities and they joined us as we were finishing eating.  They started talking about "La Llorona" and Girlie wanted to know more about the real Mexican version as compared to the one in the movie.  Wife loves talking about this kind of stuff and we got into it for around 4-5 hours.  I told them about our encounters with a UFO and about that one trip back from Brownsville to Corpus where we were chased by assholes in a van that I assume were hiding their faces with a mask, but Wife swears it was a demon faced creature.
    We realized it had been Girlie's boyfriend's birthday the day before, so we used the cake to sing him happy birthday before cutting into it.  It is such a good cake with banana pudding, pineapple chunks, cherries, whipped cream and pecans over a yellow cake.  We went to bed after 1:00am, and I got up by 7:00am, mostly to get another slice of cake with some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment