Saturday, April 20, 2019

4/21/19 Get All Minor Tasks Done?

    I have to admit that I can start a project strong, but will get lazy if it can't be done in a day.  Friday, Wife said we were going to go around and take care of any last minute things that needed resolving.  I had received my new replacement leather seats for the front driver and passenger on Monday but the guy had said not to try and schedule installation until I had them in hand because he had gotten burned too many times.  Sounded fair on his part, but it also meant that I wasn't sure when I would get them installed since I cannot be without my vehicle any day during the week.  Since Wife showed up Thursday almost at the end of the day, I went over and talked to the guy and showed him the seat covers.  We talked for a minute and he said that he was going to be pretty busy, but then when he realized it was only two seats and not everything in the Excursion, he said to bring it first thing Friday and he would get it done early.  This is the only thing I cared about getting done because honestly, the torn seats were making me like my vehicle less and less.
    The day went something like this.  We dropped off the Excursion at the shop around 8:00am, we then went to have breakfast at Bill Miller, I loved the sound of brisket biscuit, and it was a fairly good amount of brisket inside a freshly baked biscuit, I added jam and it tasted perfect.  We left and drove by the cleaners where I had dropped off a jacket I had bought that I really liked except for the arm holes.  They were so big, even with the buttons that came to make the cuffs smaller, they did not make it work.  I was told this cleaners had a machine to add another button or two.  I guess I got lucky, they had a sign which read garments left more than a month might be removed.  I had certainly waited longer than a month, but it was there, no problem and the extra snaps on the jacket cost me $8.00.  We then came home for a nap.
    Sometime in the afternoon, we headed to the mall, we had dropped off Javalina's jacket to get adjusted on the arm length and to re-attach his button that came off during the party.  He also had a 2nd shirt come in that fit him correctly.  We then followed this by getting some gifts for Easter.  I don't know why, but I got it in my head that they both needed like the travel bag for their shaving gear and deodorant and other essentials, along with some cologne now that I notice my young boy being noticed by the girls around him.  To Wife, an easter basket is still a basket filled with candies and eggs.  I am taking the opportunity to give them something a young man should have in his arsenal of coolness.
    We ended the night at Target getting said candies and a couple other things.  Wife even got me something I have been wanting for awhile, truly wireless earphones from Bose.  I don't know how good they will be, but I like the idea of them.  Happy Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment