Sunday, April 14, 2019

4/15/19 Parent's Visit?

    My folks were here all weekend and it was a good weekend even without the mall being involved.  They were mostly here to see Javalina compete, but that got thrown out the window when that freaky cold front showed up right as the events were getting under way.  We left the track meet and still had a good time by heading to Longhorn Steakhouse.  It was very weird that the storm looked like it was going to come in for the day, but we left the sports complex on Hwy 290 and by the time we were south of Ben White, the skies almost looked like they were going to clear and we could even feel the sun punching through the clouds.
    After we ate, we all felt like a nap was in order and we went home and I was out within five minutes.  It was good for awhile.  Girlie called to say they were bringing stuff to the room they were going to stay in and then woke me up 20 minutes later.  I was out of it and only saw them taking stuff up to the room, I didn't help much.  After this, I think I came down and sat with my folks for a while talking about this and that.  After an hour or two, my mom said I looked tired to go back to napping.  I did and didn't wake until my in-laws were calling that they had made it into town after all.  They were supposed to join us to see the track meet, but then didn't because they got rained on hard.  Between the pictures of hail and good luck calls to Javalina, they made their way up here and over to the Chevy dealership.  As soon as Wife woke, she realized that her folks had been trying to get a hold of her.  We went out there to greet them and watch as they bought a 2018 fully loaded Suburban.  It is a really nice vehicle, although it does look exactly like my brother in-laws SUV.  Oh well.  I got a chance while I was there to sit inside a Camaro and almost a Corvette.  I walked the lot and found an open Camaro.  I wasn't sure I could even fit, but my uncle who is 6ft 5in has had a Mustang and a Camaro, so I thought, I should fit.  I made the seat go all the way to the back sat in and forced my neck almost in half to snap my head inside.  I forced both my fat legs inside and somehow closed the door.  I felt that is the most equivalent thing I have done to getting into a casket, I even felt a tad claustrophobic, as my head rubbed on the ceiling.  I saw my boy sit in the Corvette a couple minutes later and just gave up as the roofline seemed lower than the Camaro.
    We ended the night by going back to pick up my mom and brother to eat at Rosa's with my in-laws.  The food is never the best, but it is always the best compromise as it is close to the house and they stay open until Midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment