Wednesday, April 17, 2019

4/17/19 Shazzam?

    We hadn't been to the movies in a long while.  It has been hard without Boy getting us those free tickets to Alamo Drafthouse.  Maybe I should ask him to buy us tickets anyway, out of his own money.  He doesn't pay rent and now we don't even get free tickets, just saying.  But back to the movie.  We chose to go to the movies there in Southpark Meadows because basically we had been napping while my mom went to the bookstore and when we got up the movies were just going to start in like 20 minutes.  I didn't even brush my teeth.  I ran down, asked my mom if they still wanted to go, she said yes, leaving her just brewed cup of coffee sitting there.  We all ran outside and since Wife's Kia was parked behind me, I told my mom we should go in her car.  Man, I thought it was bigger than that.  I sat sideways, hugging Javalina, he sat sideways hugging Mama, and Wife thought small thoughts while we were squeezed in the back like sardines.  It was only 2-3 miles, so it wasn't a big deal, but that back seat is not expansive, yet we are.
    The movie was good, but definitely targeted at kids, like a super hero movie should be.  It was no Deadpool with all the nasty language and shots to the scrotum.  The kid who gets Shazzam's powers is a foster kid and above everything, he needs to learn that family is where you make it.  He spends his free time looking for his mother, but she is a Shithead when he eventually finds her, thanks to his new foster family.  He acquires the powers and after playing around for awhile and showing off for nickels and dimes.  He finally gets his shit together and while going back to listen to the original Shazzam figures he can share his powers with his family, so he does and then things get real interesting and fun.  I liked that they fought the seven deadly sins as his first enemy.  It had slow moments and I kept dozing off, but the parts I saw I liked.  I like Zachary Levi from back when he was Chuck the spy a couple years ago and now that he has built himself up, he makes a pretty good addition to the super hero group.  He has a certain goofiness and charm.  My brother said it was doing well enough that they are starting the second one, so here's hoping Shazzam has a good run, like Superman.  They are supposed to be similar in powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment