Monday, April 22, 2019

4/22/19 You Think You Know Someone?

    Just yesterday, I swear I was asking wife in a mostly joking manner if she thought Boy would ever be the kind of son who would say "I got this, Parental Units," you know, paying at a restaurant.  We both kind of laughed about it and said probably not, he is kind of a weird boy, socially, at times.  Well, today we honestly didn't do much.  I got up as usual at 6:30am, came down stairs, had a cup of coffee and tried to write, but I just couldn't focus.  I think we stayed up too late last night.  We started watching Crazy Rich Asians at midnight and didn't finish until after 2:00am and then went upstairs and watched another show or two.  Anyways, I went back to bed at 10:30am and then we all got up around 1:00pm.  We left the house around 2:00pm looking for lunch and we went to Mod Pizza.  It just felt like a lazy day, so we came back home and Wife jokingly said go lay down while she went to the bathroom, but I did and I fell asleep by the time she came out.  She had been trying to motivate us to cut the grass and maybe wash her car.  Ehhh, that doesn't sound like fun, but I didn't get up until 7:00pm.  Javalina and I cut the grass and Wife washed her car.  It got dark on us before we finished the backyard, but Javalina got most of it.  Wife then suggested we take a shower before we went to find a place for dinner.
    Just as we were leaving, Boy called and asked where we were going for dinner.  We still weren't sure but he was in Southpark Meadows so we headed in there. I wanted TGIF, but Wife is not a fan, so we settled on Chili's.  I texted Boy to tell him where we were.  He showed up within a couple minutes and we all sat at a table together.  While ordering, the waiter asked if we were all on one check, I said "Nah, it's them two and us."  We had been discussing Grandma's gift and he had said he would contribute $50.  I guess he figured it would be the same as paying for dinner, but he said I got all this and that will take care of what I owe you as I had my grubby hand out for him to pay me as I was showing him the watch on my phone.
    He then goes on this long story of him selling Magic cards today and making something like $350 and this the fourth time he has done this.  He said the first time he made something like $700.  Wife and I were like "what?!"  Then he went on and talked about his video games and he only buys collector editions ones and that he has thousands of dollars worth of games.  His GF was like "yeah, we did inventory and each section of bookshelf is worth over $1000.  Again, we were both like "what?!"  I couldn't help myself from telling Boy "what the hell, this is the first interesting conversation you've had with us other than telling us about your promotions."  He was all excited and talking with complete sentences which only made the whole experience even weirder as he has always been kind of squirelly when he talks to us.  We then went on to talk about his 3D printers and he had completed a project that is going to pay them $1000.  He said they are investing in a water jet metal cutter.  Man, Boy only got more and more interesting tonight.  To top it off, he took Javalina with him and GF to the movies to watch La Llorona.  Boy is pretty much a man now.

No comments:

Post a Comment