Wednesday, April 24, 2019

4/24/19 Review Of My New Bose Wireless Earphones?

    My initial impression of these new earphones is that I am impressed at the technology and how far it has come.  They are not perfect, for example, they have limited battery run time.  The box and shelf sample at the store had a thing saying they would run for about five hours and I thought that would be good enough to get me to my lunch break, but they only last about 3 and a half hours.  I am not sure if it is because they are being played too loud, this to counteract the loud filters and pumps in the lab  room.  I am pleased with their range.  So far, I can move from one end of the chemistry lab to the other with my phone on a table near the middle of the room where we have a couple of chargers and I stay connected.  This is what I really wanted.  When I am moving, I like to have the music in my ears because the loud speakers are a give and take, sometimes the songs are just too soft on YouTube and I am left a little frustrated and confused, but not anymore.
    Along with the new earphones, I also added Spotify to my phone which makes me feel like I finally joined the future.  I had been using YouTube to listen to music, but every song or video nowadays has a commercial.  With Spotify, you can listen to a commercial and then have music up to a half hour uninterrupted or you can pay a premium and then it is no commercials.  I want to make sure I like it before signing up for another monthly service.
    I am surprised that the earphones stay on for hours at a time.  They are meant to exercise with, so in theory, I could run with them, maybe one day, but so far, they do seem to stay in place without me fidgeting with them constantly.  The little case they come in is also cool in that it will charge the earphones up to two more times before it has to be connected to a charger.  Another nice note is that like all our Samsung phones, the case uses the same charger, so I can charge them anywhere I would normally charge my phone.  Plus, the case is hard enough that I feel comfortable putting the earphones in and they are held in place by magnets and then tossing them in my pocket.  It would take quite a bit of effort to crush or break the case and damage the earphones.  I am a little worried that because they are so small I may end up losing them, but they also have a "find me" thing where they will chirp if I do something to help find them easier.  If they are as good as other Bose headsets I have bought, they should last me awhile.  I think that given the choices, this was a good one for me, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment