Sunday, September 9, 2018

9/9/18 Not A Cop Out?

    Lately, I keep using stupid movies I watch on Netflix as "filler" and I know some of them are lame.  It is hard to always have something fresh to say, but I really like the idea of writing at least a few words every day.  When I have something to say, I can put one of these blogs together in 20 minutes, but there are some nights I just stare at the empty space for hours, I fall asleep on our kitchen chairs, risking falling over which until now I have caught myself a few times.  I am writing this Saturday after writing Saturday's "sermon" type which came about from discussing this with Wife.  I am also going to do some real short ones like post a quote and give it an explanation, if it needs it, or maybe just what it means to me, maybe even a song title which y'all should listen to if it has a good message.



"Don't Try Your Best, Try My Best."


This is one of Adam Carolla's best quotes.  Too many people give you a half ass effort when asked to do something and then they just shrug it off with an "I did the best I could."  It is kind of tongue in cheek and cute, but there is a lot of truth in it too.  People that are successful always seem to get shit done, they do it and don't utter nonsense afterwards.  People that aren't will try a little bit and then throw up their hands and give you the "ughh, I gave it my best shot."

No comments:

Post a Comment