Thursday, September 27, 2018

9/27/18 Small Took A Big Bite Out Of Bedichek?

    I totally feel for the kids playing their little hearts out, but their is no excuse, they just got outplayed I think 38-6.  Tonight was the third game for Javalina's eighth grade year.  I wish they could win a few of these games.  They are the same teams we played last year, but we lost a couple of key players, chiefly our QB1 from 7th grade who was a playmaker.  They have a decent quarterback, he can run, but there is no passing game at all.  They throw maybe 6-7 passes a game and I am surprised when they catch 1-2.  When the other team knows there is no passing game, they pin their ears back and just go crazy with blitzes and stunts, bringing everybody because it's not like the receivers are going to do much.
    Javalina was overused tonight.  I want him to play, of course, but he was in every defensive play as a defensive tackle, right in with the big boys, then this week he was practiced at guard and he played the whole game on offense as guard.  If that wasn't enough, he also played on kickoff returns.  I thought it was weird, but honestly, he was the only one with a sweaty jersey that you could see was a darker color because he was wet.  He was out for a total of two plays, the first one when they kicked off to start the game and after their lone touchdown.  Guards tend to pull and run off to block ahead of backs and he was complaining while we were eating after that he doesn't know the plays, yet he was getting shit for not knowing this.  That is on the coaches.  Like they say, when you win, you win as a team, but when you shitty, everyone likes to play the blame game.  I ask him every day after practice "how did it go?" "what's new?"  He never mentioned the move to guard.  When they were on offense, I thought it was him hiking badly, making the quarterback jump for the ball and almost causing a fumble in the first series, because he talked about being center, a lot.  Then we noticed he was not under center, which we thought was odd.  I also don't want to say the referees were cheating, but it seems every long play that finally looked promising got taken away with some holding call or some other crappy excuse.
    The only positive I can say is that the night was the first one of the year with a true cold front feel.  Boy and I were both seating there wishing we had brought a sweater or jacket.  Since they keep moving him around so much, I'd like to see Javalina play running back for a series or two, just to see if he can run with some runts on his back, it would entertain me at least.  I only mention this because he has run drills in practice with him running the ball, so maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment