Thursday, September 13, 2018

9/13/18 A Belt To Support My Number One Baller?

    I hate weaknesses that can be overcome with a couple bucks.  I don't know how my two boys can be so different.  Boy never saw a material thing that he won't say "yeah, I could maybe use it, let's take it."  Javalina is totally the opposite.  We got him two new sets of tennis shoes that each  cost over $100 so he could look cooler than usual, so what does he prefer to do?  He mostly wears the pair we got him at Academy for $50 last year.  I know there's nothing wrong with them, but Boy would have lost those already and moved on to newer and better things.
    As the start of school neared, Javalina got all excited because football was starting.  I told him no BS this year boy, we are getting you football cleats and I want you to wear them every day to practice and especially on game days.  He agreed only after a year of realizing that basketball shoes do not work on damp grass or artificial turf, still, when we went to Dick's Sporting Goods, he went with the "cheaper" Under Armour" $59.99 pair when I was trying to get him to look at the $129.99 Nike cleats.  That is all good and well, until now.
    Last year, his pants seemed short of material in the back, his ass would not fit in the pants, yeah, he is blessed by a big butt, but it should fit in the pants, I think.  This year we told him you better bring home pants that cover that big ham of an ass or we will go in there and talk to the coaches ourselves.  He did as he was told, and came home with what he said are XL size pants.  The problem now is that they didn't seem to have a belt, so last week I was trying to buy him one of those baseball belts, figuring we could make it work.  He froze, got pissy, complained, and fought us all weekend about going to Academy.  Then we got the shit show on game day, him acting like his pants were going to fall every single play.  As soon as they were between plays, he'd be fidgeting pulling the pants up, like his shoes were pulling them down.
    He was like a different person after the game, mostly mad at himself for playing "bad" according to him and the pants "might have been getting in the way".  All I can do is look at him sideways because I have seen the pant fight all through his practices.  To top it off, we went today and the stupid belt exists for football pants, in black or white and it was only $2.99.  I was pissed inside because this little belt could have helped so much, but dragging this boy to get the right things can be hard dragging this knucklehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment