Saturday, September 15, 2018

9/15/18 A Javalina Friday Night?

    I am usually open to do whatever on the weekends, but if we can stay home and do the minimal, well, that just sounds like the bee's knees.  So it goes, Javalina suggested we make a movie night for Friday night and sit and watch some football movies.  For this exercise, I chose The Replacements, one of my favorite movies (come on, it's got strippers, fat guy jokes, and Keanu Reeves, what's not to like?) and Waterboy, which I will agree that it is a stupid Adam Sandler movie, but also funny in its own silly way, specially for a 13 year old.
    Our boy had to stay for football practice until 5:00pm, so luckily, Wife got home a little before that and I decided to go to the HEB before and get some food so we could just come home after picking him up.  We got a couple of big pizzas from their deli section up front and they were actually decent tasting.  I was in the mood for nachos, with the Velveeta cheese, morning sausage, ground beef, and tomato pieces, along with some avocado slices.  While at the store, we also got some sodas and other junk food, like cookies and chips.
    As soon as we picked up Javalina from practice, he started up trying to get us to take him to Crawfish Shack and Oyster Bar, which as I have said, we both love, but Wife can't come around, she just don't dig it.  We got out of it by promising to go tomorrow, we shall see if we carry thru.  We had a car full of wet groceries, it rained about as hard as it ever had while we started paying for the groceries.  I didn't want to be late to pick up the boy and with the heavy downpour, it was going to be a matter of minutes when he called that practice was cut short.
    As soon as we got home, it stopped raining, which is good but we were still soaking wet.  I started the movie and the oven a couple minutes later.
    We started with The Replacements, normal kinds of funny.  Javalina loved the scenes involving the big linemen and Jon Favreau as the crazy tackling linebacker.  I will admit, I fell asleep towards the last 15 minutes of the movie.  By then, I had eaten like 4 slices of pizza and some soda and the sofa was so relaxing, I zoned out.  We took a little break to pee and stuff, but we went right into The Waterboy, which is on Netflix right now, and it was a much faster paced movie, with stupid shenanigans keeping us going.  I kept telling Javalina I wanted to see him tackling like Sandler's waterboy character, which throws himself with no abandon into taking down people.  The tackles themselves are a thing of beauty.  It was nice to hang out with the boy sitting next to us for a couple hours.
    Boy occupied himself with his friends, at one point he was counting hundreds of dollars on the island, which for a minute I thought he was going to give me another couple hundred bucks like in the summer for his car, but it turns out, he has been saving money, along with his friend to buy a 3D printer.  They found a guy here in town selling his, so they were going over.  I did not like this idea at all, but it's not like he involved me.  I told him not to start flashing the money out until he saw the printer, and it would be best if they could see it working for a bit.  He said "I know, I know" the required number of times, and they left.  He had it later in the evening, and he said he ran it for them, but they did not use it as they are ordering more filament and trying to upgrade it somehow.  I am slightly interested as to what they will come up with with this new "toy".

No comments:

Post a Comment