Tuesday, September 25, 2018

9/25/18 Javalina Is Thinking?

    We have been watching a few shows on Netflix, one of them is The Good Place.  It stars Ted Danson as an evil/demon architect trying to change things up in hell.  Four new shitty humans have just died and they have been convinced that they are in "The Good Place".  It takes most of the first season, but then one of them figures out that they are in the bad place, so Danson re-boots them trying to fix what went wrong.  It is his first time as an architect, so it is on him whether the whole fake community and acting demons in disguise as humans will work.
    The point though is that while watching this, Javalina has started thinking about a place like hell and he does not believe it could exist.  His justification is similar to mine, maybe it hurts when they peel back your skin the first thousand times, but how many times before that act gets old.  It's not like they can kill you again, you are already dead.  He doesn't think being in heaven would be that much better.  Would we still have to clean up after ourselves, if angels are constantly cleaning up around us, won't they get tired, so by now, there would have been a revolt and we would have to do it ourselves.  I told him I don't think you do anything but stare at god, in heaven.  All that I have heard is that you are in his presence and you never want to leave, so god must be like a lightbulb and everyone is just smothered around him or her for the warmth and love he gives, provided you have done as he commanded on earth, otherwise, you are f*cked, even though he loved you.  Javalina just said no with his head, not wanting that to be it.
    What about the point that Bill Burr brought up in one of his comedy things.  Not all your family is gonna make it up to heaven, how soon before you're sitting around do you whistle at Jesus and ask, "so, where is my brother who could never stop cussing?" and he replies "oh, lawyers automatically go to the bad place, but peace be with you."  "Hmmm, well that sucks, JC, but I guess, you da man."  If my true happiness is contingent on the people I love being around me, but there is no guarantee of that, I see that as another flaw.
    I know I will get blamed for "polluting" his brain with my thoughts, but I would much rather have a boy that questions things he doesn't understand and makes sense of them than believe he has all the answers in an old book and never ask any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment