Friday, September 28, 2018

9/28/18 The Best Time Of Year Starts?

    I love this time of year, especially with the 100's disappearing from the day to day forecast.  One can almost feel the days shorter and the nights starting to linger.  Add to that, we have been hanging out outside if only to watch my boy's football games, it has been really great with the weather working out in our favor.  My folks keep rescheduling for fear of rain and the flooding that can occur in San Antonio, somehow we have avoided the downpours and just gotten the cloud cover and nicer weather.
    To add to the feeling of Fall, I started decorating the house this week.  Usually, I start at the beginning of September, but I just didn't feel it at first.  This week, I said screw it, and instead of sitting around watching YouTube videos until I go to bed in the morning, I have been dedicating from about 8:00-10:00am to making the house look Halloweenie.  It all starts with the lights and that was kind of holding me up.  We bought a whole new set of lights last year that are supposed to be LED and thus don't get hot, change colors from purple to orange or a mix of the two in a flashing pattern.  I finally found them by just going through all the bins we have.  The bulk of the decorating occurs on our stairs, with the lights, followed by all sorts of spiders in sizes from small to jumbo and then some spider web to give it that aged look.  This year, I added a bunch of plastic babies and other creepy folks that we have been buying over the years.
    Last week, we went to the old Garden Ridge and bought a couple of inflatables for decorating outside, but nothing was on sale yet.  It is hard to justify the prices on some of these things.  I saw a big 8ft dragon at Home Depot, but it is going for $300 and that is a bit much.  I might buy it if I could get it for $120 or so, maybe the day after Halloween when they discount everything.  We always try to go and buy a couple things after Halloween at the Halloween stores, it is part of our fun and why we have so much stuff.
    I hesitate to put expensive stuff outside, one year some jackoff took our Christmas Snowman and walked it over a few houses and left it on an empty house that was vacant.  They must have thought of stealing it, then decided it was too much to walk with, Jerks!  Even though we got it back, I always worry about losing stuff to a-holes like this.  Still, Wife will put stuff out on the yard.  I mostly stick with stuff inside the house and maybe on the balcony, which I plan on doing this weekend, just in time to welcome October.

No comments:

Post a Comment